Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rukumar (No)     09 September 2013

Will i get gratuity?

Hello to all legal experts,

Sir i am a Medical doctor working in a private hospital,

My appointment is permanant and i had been getting a consolidated salary: no breakup.

After 6 years of my service, our management had splitted the salary structure,

They are giving the same amount of salary but having basic pay, HRA, convence allounces and other allounces:::: but NO, DA is paid to us.

now my service is of more then 7 years.

My questions is

1. Am i eligible to ask for gratuity if i resigned or give a notice of resignation?

2. Is yes then how much gratuity i will be getting? i mean of how many month pay will be given to me in the form of gratuity?

Regards

Rukumar

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 September 2013

You should be eligible.

However you may go thru appropriate sections on applicability, eligibility and other sections as well of the Act if it is applicable to the establishment or Rules if establishment has its own approved Trust to manage the Gratuity..

The HR of the establishment can confirm the views of the establishment in your case.

Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972

Section: 1
Short title, extent, application and commencement

(3) It shall apply to­ -

Section: 2
Definitions.

(e) , (s)

Section: 4:Payment of gratuity: (2)

Section: 7
Determination of the amount of gratuity.

(Basic+DA) x15/26xNo. of completed years of services

(part of a year in excess of 6 months is counted as 1 year)

(Basic+DA as per monthly wages last drawn)

If there is no DA then Basic may be taken for calculation.

Although the Formulae of calculation of Gratuity is mentioned establishment is under obligation to supply full amounts received from LIC without keeping any amounts with it, even if amount calculated by the formulae is less than amounts disbursed by LIC………………..

Did the establishment supply any notice before revising the wages and ask for acceptance and did the employees accept in writing?

With the revision the contributions for PF, Gratuity, Bonus may come down and authorities may not agree.

Before contemplating any action to agitate you may visit your lawyer with copies of all relevant documents, understand the merits and proceed under expert advice of your lawyer.

Attached File : 706196180 paymentofgratuityact(1).doc downloaded: 122 times

Rukumar (No)     10 September 2013

Thank you very much Sir for your valuable advice and guidance

Regards

Rukumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register