Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sts abd (owner)     04 May 2014

Will deed notarised

Dear Respected sir ,

we have court case in maharshtra case for partition .between 1 st wife (no childen to her) & second wife (with 4 childeren) . both are widows . husband made proper noterised will deed he was in givt job so had nomination on 2 nd wife .but all pf gratuity is locked due to court case  . but court case is just dates from last 15 yrs .

notary given will favoring evidance in court  .he agreed willis made by him he seen id proof of person who made will deed.

but other two sakshidar of will not found as 17 yrs passed after will .

what decision court will take ?

all property is self earned .some share is given to evrybody small share to first wife & big share to 2 nd wife & her childern .

please give me suggestion or any refference that on one notary confirmation court has to accept the will deed . i want to prove the will deed .it is my fathers will . 

still case is first court not got any desicion in 15 years . how many yrs it will take as both parties will go on appeal in 1) sr. court  2) high court 3) supremme court . & no chance of comprimise .

PLEASE please suggest . iwll be heartly thankfull to you. plz give any reff case that with notary eveidnace will deed is accepted by court.

Learning

7 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     04 May 2014

The will has to be proved as per section 68 of the Evidence Act. According to the said Section, a document required by law to be attested shall not be used as evidence until one attesting witness at least has been called for the purpose of proving its execution, if there be an attesting witness alive, and subject to the process of the Court and capable of giving an evidence.

Where one attesting witness examined to prove the will under Section 68 of the Evidence Act fails to prove the due execution of the will then the other available attesting witness has to be called to supplement his evidence to make it complete in all respects. Where one attesting witness is examined and he fails to prove the attestation of the will by the other witness there will be deficiency in meeting the mandatory requirements of Section 68 of the Evidence Act.

In a case where the attesting witness is either dead or out of the jurisdiction of the court or kept out of the way by the adverse party or cannot be traced despite diligent search. Only in that event, the Will may be proved in the manner indicated in Section 69, i.e., by examining witnesses who were able to prove the handwriting of the testator or executant. The burden of proof then may be shifted to others.

Section 71 of the Evidence Act is in the nature of a safeguard to the mandatory provisions of Section 68, Evidence Act, to meet a situation where it is not possible to prove the execution of the will by calling attesting witnesses, though alive. This Section provides that if an attesting witness denies or does not recollect the execution of the will, its execution may be proved by other evidence.

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     04 May 2014

Dear Mr. Sts abd,

1.  You can file a special leave civil application before the H.C. seeking a lawful interpretation of s. 69 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872   in that  posing a question in law as ' Whether or not - an Public Notary who has given/gives his deposition before a trail court during the proceedings in matter of probate of a Will of having himself prepared a Will document under the instructions of the testator and whose signature has been attested  by such Public Notary can deemed to satisfy the legal contentions  subscribed u/s 69 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872   ?

2. The H.C. would be impelled to answer this question in law and from my point of view the assertion of such question in law would be positive and would be in your favor and  later such decision of the H.C. can be conveyed to the trial court for to have it entered as a fact in law  and admitted as an evidence in the  case matter  and finally dispose the case.

3. If need be talk to this lawyer with an understanding for payment of post paid phone consultation charges to this lawyer.

Adv. Rohit Sharma.

(B.Sc. L.L.B. L.L.M.)

(M) : 09824047971.

E-Mail : lawgate1349@gmail.com

sts abd (owner)     05 May 2014

Dear sir ,

notary has given evidence before court .one witness not found & another witness is 60 yrs old just has frcture in leg to   toe so steel rod implanted  in his legs . so he is unable to come to court but he is asking for court commisioner .

as case is 15 yrs old so judge is in hurry to order the case so he has rejected our x ray & ,medical pepers & kept special date in summer vacation for final argument .

now i want to know any case  or law where will deed can be proved where only notery is witness.

plz help 

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     05 May 2014

Necessarily, you have to examine the attesting witness in order to prove the will. If the commission application has been turned down by the trial Court, approach the appeal Court for appointment of Commissioner to examine the said attesting witness at his place.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     25 May 2014

I am not able to Understand how this much time have been taken by the court to Prove a Will? Probation of the will is necessary in case any right out of it has to be claimed or executed. I fund Ms Kabeer rightly has quoted the provisions of the Evidence Act as Under in the position where the attesting witnesses are not possiblelly available to assertain their evidence:

"Where one attesting witness examined to prove the will under Section 68 of the Evidence Act fails to prove the due execution of the will then the other available attesting witness has to be called to supplement his evidence to make it complete in all respects. Where one attesting witness is examined and he fails to prove the attestation of the will by the other witness there will be deficiency in meeting the mandatory requirements of Section 68 of the Evidence Act.

In a case where the attesting witness is either dead or out of the jurisdiction of the court or kept out of the way by the adverse party or cannot be traced despite diligent search. Only in that event, the Will may be proved in the manner indicated in Section 69, i.e., by examining witnesses who were able to prove the handwriting of the testator or executant. The burden of proof then may be shifted to others.

Section 71 of the Evidence Act is in the nature of a safeguard to the mandatory provisions of Section 68, Evidence Act, to meet a situation where it is not possible to prove the execution of the will by calling attesting witnesses, though alive. This Section provides that if an attesting witness denies or does not recollect the execution of the will, its execution may be proved by other evidence."

Arvind Manghirmalani (Advocate High court Bombay Trained mediator 91-9869617090 9594255075)     27 May 2014

i agree with Mr. Anand Bali Advocate.

Kavi (individual)     27 May 2014

The replies given by  Ms.Lawyer Saleema Kabeer and  Mr. Rohit Sharma  are very useful.

Mr.Anand Bali reproduced the reply of Lawyer Saleema kabeer.

Thanks for all the detailed replies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register