Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kulveer ( )     24 March 2010

Will a Govt Employee loses a job in 498A, DV etc?

Hi,

My younger brother is serving as a Govt Employee in UP state govt and I am suspecting 498A. I want to know if he is also named in 498A, DV etc then will his job be lost? If yes then is there any remedy I can take beforehand to avoid his job lost? My legal separation from him will help or any other suggestions?

Learning

2 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     24 March 2010

He could loose his job only if he is punished.even if he is separated,his name could appear in crim.case.however it could be good defense.however,without dept.enquiry he cannot be removed if he is found guilty.in depttl.enquiry the charges could be of moral turpitude and unbecoming of govt. servant .if his name appears in guilt,you cannot stop that but everything depends as to how he is  shown involved.best way to get his transfer away from your place.

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     24 March 2010

While filing any criminal case(498a/DV) against a Govt employee, immediatly he can be suspended from his regular service. that does not mean he will loose the job. But if he will convicted by the court then offcourse that will happened.

Legal separation can not avoid the involvment of family member from harrasment of such case like 498a.

Even he stayed with you only for one day, that also be enough to be involve himself into the litigation. When you are anticipating about the 498a case, first start to behave with you spouce very carefully. try to collect all evidence to be prove yourself as innocent. Record all conversation over telephone. Your thinking should be crooked and in all circumstances you should be very polite. Your brother may get transfer and write a letter to the admin/personal deptt to inform the actual fact in brief. Discuss with a Good Lawyer and first you should know the law(498a/DV) in details. Best of luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register