LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

han (ceo)     13 April 2010

will

hi im venky from secunderabad A.P my question is my uncle (my father's elder sister's husband) was livin with my family for 15years he died recently and now i found a "will" made by him just a month ago!!?? its printed on a plain white paper with two witness signatures with their names and info and my uncle signatures at the end of the "will" we are a hindu family and he was aged 86 years. so is this "will" valid??? what is the legal problems for this "will" as its not registred and nor its on a stamp paper???? my uncle  was of sound mind he died of heart problem pls advice!!???

Learning

2 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     13 April 2010

is this "will" valid

Ans.Absolutely Yes, it is a valid will.

what is the legal problems for this "will" as its not registred and nor its on a stamp paper?

Ans. Registration of will is not compulsary and secondly there is no rule that a will must be written only on stamp paper, a will written on a plain white paper is as good as having one on a stamp paper.

pls advice

Ans. The executor named in the will should approach the civil court under whose jurisdiction the deceased was living and apply for probate of the will, once probate is granted then the will can be implemented according to the wishes of your uncle.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     14 April 2010

Mr.Vishal has given apt answer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register