LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Adhikari (Admin Manager)     17 December 2012

Wifes refusal to give marriage certificate for passport renw

I am married since last one year and sicne day 1 my marriage life has not been bed of roses. My passport is expiring and The Indian embassy here is not willing to accept my docs unless i have a marriage certificate which is with my wife and is refusing to give the same whos in India ATM. My wife is causing too much trouble for me and my parents..

Need your advise as i am really in dire straits!!!!!


 7 Replies

kalyan (engineer)     17 December 2012

If your spouse name is already specified in the passport, you have to show your marriage certificate to verify the same. Else need not to worry. Be a bachelor always and be happy atleast in documents.

Raja (XYZ)     17 December 2012

is your wife name is necessary in the passport? if not, remove the same. then there is no need of marriage certificate.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 December 2012

You can get the certified copy of the marriage certificate, try for that.

Vinod Adhikari (Admin Manager)     17 December 2012

I have the copy, but they are asking for Original... can i lodge a complaint with the embassy against my wife?

Girish Nair (GM)     17 December 2012

I beleive you can approach the Registrar (where you have registered the marriage) for a certified duplicate copy for some nominal fees (receipted). You may need to cite reasons for issue of duplicate copy !

Vinod Adhikari (Admin Manager)     17 December 2012

I am abroad in UAE , Can i lodge a complaint to the Embassy

Samuel (CEO)     17 December 2012

Embassy will not entertain complaint on Wife. But Court or police station does.

Act like a fox or be smart in getting the copy having someone working in the local register office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register