New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TBD (Business)     23 December 2022

Wife withholding kids; not filed for divorce yet

My wife is not allowing me to meet my kids (6yr boy and 2.5yr girl). She has asked for mutual consent divorce and I am looking for a lawyer. 
can she prevent me from meeting kids even though the divorce proceedings haven't started ?

what are my options? Please help. 

thank you!


 10 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 December 2022

You can meet / visit your childern seeking indulgence of the Court for which you will have to seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer for proper advise and necessary proceeding.

If you are located in Delhi / NCR and feel so, may contact me.

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 December 2022

she has no right to keep you away from kids, ,seek an injuction from court

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     23 December 2022

Yes your wife has no right to prevent you to meet/visit your children .you may seek an injunction from court.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     23 December 2022


Yes she has no right to prevent you meeting your children. However as she is preventing and asking for divorce so it is better for you to approach the court and get visitation rights of children instead of using force.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 December 2022

A mother cannot stop a father seeing his child unless the court orders to do so. If the child is scared of the father due to some kind of abuse or harm, then the mother would need to speak to the child and gather evidence which may prove the child being at risk.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 December 2022

You have adequately been obliged by experts, now it is your call to proceed.

sahithi reddy   24 December 2022

You can seek custody of your kids or permission to see your child.

Anubhav Tyagi   29 December 2022

You need to file a custody petition for your children in court.


Check out my video on 498A ki FIR hojae toh kya karna chahiye?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 December 2022

@ TBD,

Did you consult your lawyer on the subject i.e., custody / meeting rights with your children ?

Best wishes for the coming New Georgian year-2023


Alpa Jogi (Advocate) (Lawyer / Advocate)     31 December 2022

You can seek for visitation rights from court.



Alpa Jogi (Advocate)
Divorce Advocate in Ahmedabad

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register