LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mk kumar (student)     09 June 2012

Wife with undeveloped reproductory systems, want divorce

hi My brother married in may,2009 and latter we found that his wife is suffering from mullarian agenesis(by berth absence of uterus,fallopian tube and shortened v**gina), in starting days, my sister-in-law's family were trying to stop us from consulting with doctor but anyhow we manage and we came to know about this by her abdomen ultrasound. Then my brother decided for divorce and by last one year,she is at her paternal house. 1. Please guide me how should i proceed to get him divorce. 2.what are the chances for divorce. 3. In this case like normal divorce case, my brother have to pay her something to get divorce(as my sister-in-law is suffering from this disease by bearth so her family was aware of it ),my brother is unemployed.

Learning

18 Replies

rahul (director)     09 June 2012

unable to produce baby, is not a ground for divorce.

Ranee....... (NA)     09 June 2012

They concealed these facts.On this fact you can file divorce.

@rahul: very first it is fraud and concealment of fact from other side and second the reason for not to produce baby is mullarian agenesis to which a husband can't  ignore, he can't leave a good life with her and he is just 26 now, so this is not ground for divorce?

@Ranee..... thanks.. once file divorce, how much time it'll take to get divorce in this situation...? how one can prove concealment in court? thanks for your suggestions in advance

if impotency is the ground of divorce why can this be ?

why can't this be?....

wait till practising advocates will guide you with recent judgements..u can post the query in expert section also.

@ranee.... thanks.. i was unaware of expert section,now i posted it there also.. ya impotency is ground of divorce so we should proceed with this, in case of impotency, we have to pay her any maintenance or something? thanks..

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     16 June 2012

as long as she is ur wife and she doesnt have any way to maintain herself, u need to pay maintenance. divorced women also get maintenance till they remarry or till death.

negotiate a lump sum settlement and finish the issue. How can an unemployed guy get married? I am surprised. Sure looks like a case of good dowry.. How was ur brother supposed to take care of this woman?

Even if u didnt get dowry u can expect lot of counter cases like 498a, DV etc..

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     16 June 2012

Go for IVF not for divorce if your brother seriously want a baby. This is not a ground for divorce.To divorce for this stupid reason in this century is ridiculous, show some care and affection for that women and go for a medical solution instead of legal remedies as every woman wants to be a mother if it is not done then it is her fate why are you trying to give her more pain by this act.

Regards

Hemant

(Guest)
Originally posted by :mk kumar
"  his wife is suffering from mullarian agenesis(by berth absence of uterus,fallopian tube and shortened v**gina), "

Is your brother facing any problem in intercouse due to shortened vag**a?

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     16 June 2012

Originally posted by :Rajendra kumar
"

Originally posted by :mk kumar

"

his wife is suffering from mullarian agenesis(by berth absence of uterus,fallopian tube and shortened v**gina),

"

Is your brother facing any problem in intercouse due to shortened vag**a?
"

What is this..

are you kidding????

mk kumar (student)     17 June 2012

@manish: thnxs for your respons.. but i would like to say something to you: it seems u a good dowry case as he is unemployed..!! do you know the most of students who are preparing for civil xams or some other govt jobs takes a long time to get success and can you imagine their age? i've seen many guys who are 30+ preparing for such exams what you thinks, all they are unmarried up to this age?and if they are marrying than that is for dowry? you can see a lot of crowd searching for job and in your terms, they should not marry, an employed boy only have right to get married?

@manish: thnxs for your respons.. but i would like to say something to you: it seems u a good dowry case as he is unemployed..!! do you know the most of students who are preparing for civil xams or some other govt jobs takes a long time to get success and can you imagine their age? i've seen many guys who are 30+ preparing for such exams what you thinks, all they are unmarried up to this age?and if they are marrying than that is for dowry? you can see a lot of crowd searching for job and in your terms, they should not marry, an employed boy only have right to get married?

@HK_Jain: thanks for your response,, i mentioned that she is suffering from "mullarian agenesis", "about which she was aware before marriage". if you have time then just browse about this disease, only baby is not a matter with this disease, some more problems are there. And no remedies are available for it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register