LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lalit Sen   01 November 2015

Wife walked out - divorce case

Hello Sir, 

I stay outside India with my wife . My wife left home and staying somewhere outside here or may have returned back to India ( I don't know the physcial location) . When I informed her parents that I want her to come back they are putting blame on me . 

Q1) Can Indian embassy ask me to go back to India and appear in court - I am working here hence in that case I will lose my job ?

Q2) My wife is an adult so I believe in any case I couldn't have stopped her leaving home, if she want to  - am I correct ?

Q3) Her parents are said that they are not sure of her whereabouts ( I am not sure whether they are saying the truth) but even I don't know for sure where she is right now as she didn't share her address. Can they lodge a missing complain for her quoting me ? She left on her own.


Request to kindly share your expert views . 






 7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 November 2015

Never be emotionally, mentally, or physically abusive to your spouse. Communication, Communication, Communication! This is the big word. Find out where about her through various personal media. and give a complaint to police to help you in trace out your betterhalf.

SuperHero (Manager)     03 November 2015

Hire a detective....and he will find out...or go to the nearest police station that she is missing....

Lalit Sen   04 November 2015

Thanks for your advice Rama. She contacted me through SMS that she is fine and I know she is with her boyfriend ( which she is not accepting). Going to police will not help I guess as she is over 18 and as a adult she is free to act . 


I left several SMS requesting her to come back but she is not ready to return. 

Can you please suggest on the below point - as she has left house on her own.

Q1) Can Indian embassy ask me to go back to India and appear in court - I am working here hence in that case I will lose my job ?




Legal (gd)     12 November 2015

U should file missing report of ur wife immediately or it will be difficult for u to prove whether she left on her own will or u thrown her out

advocate andrea menezes   14 November 2015

Advocate Andrea Menezes Family Lawyer Practicing at Bombay High Court Contact: 9619165708

Mukesh sharma (job )     17 December 2015

hi first you fil application in policemissing your wife on your end police do their work you cant say that she is live with his boyfriend and she is adult and free to go anywhere but you miss one thing she is your wife first and than second other so you have responsbility to find her soon and give infomartion to police you cant say that police dont do anything 


Simple Life (Pensioner)     12 September 2016

Respected Sir

IDOP pending in District Court since 2005.  Wife walked out with children, not wanting to live together.  Self pensioner, now aged 50, living alone.  Please advice how to end my agony

Thank you


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register