Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Agni Vahak (Chartered Accountant)     07 June 2013

Wife threating to commit suicide and implicate me.

I met the girl on line and was in a Live in Relationship for over 6 months and finally got a arranged marriage done with consent of Elders.

16 months into marriage:
1- She Threatns police action every day.   (Recorded Calls)
2- She Threatns to commit suicide and implicate my family. (Recorded Calls)
3- Does not contribute a penny in running of house. Saying "MAN OF HOUSE" should provide.(Though she is a Manager in MNC and earns more than me).
4- Ill treats my parents, sister, brother and relative. ( All living seperately as we have a nuclear family)
5- Created havoc when my parents or relatives visit. Altough she has forced me to allow her brother to stay with us in same house and her parents are frequent visitors.
6- Her Brother and family threatns me of physical abuse every now and then.  (Just verbal No evidence)
7- I need to report office at 7:30am. She normally picks up fight post midnight and then does not allow me to sleep till 4 or 5 in morning. She goes her office at 11 am after a sound sleep.
8- Expresses right on almost everyhting from Furniture to Kitchen ware which I poessesed before marriage.

9- DOES NOT COOK OR INDULGE IN ANY HOUSEHOLD WORK. WE HAVE HIGHLY PAID MAIDS TO DO IT. Still complains of Harrasment. 

10- Calls my Office Numbers frequently and knowing blocks the lines meant for client calls. Threatns to create a scene in my office and make me loose my job.  Brings bad name to me in highly competetive IT world.  (Colleages who are bugged willing to testify)

11- She also demands me to return 1.5 lacs that she has spend towards various household things in past 1 year. She can not prove it technically as I have been taking care of finances from rent to car emi to paying maids.  

Questions:
1- Are recorded calls admissible evidence?
2- How do I prove mental cruelty and all the facts stated above.
3- How do I proceed to Legal sepration/Divorce?
4- How do I insulate my old and sick parents from flase cases.

Learning

1 Replies

fight4justiceguy (freelancer)     07 June 2013

Bro, good decision taken by u for seperation, however, please make sure that ypu get all the evidence and dont disclose it  - do it at right time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register