LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

youngbro (software)     25 November 2012

Wife threatening -pl help me

I m  from hyd  and  married  the  girl  from Mandya,  Who used  to work in my office,  in  MNC,  The  girl is  from very  poor  family  and  has  two more  sisters  and one  brother,  they  did not  give us  any  dowry  ,  I  was married in April   2012,  the  girl   ran  away  to her  parents  in the month of  September  2012,  every  time  I  requested her  to come  back  she  refused. 

She  got   fired in  october  due  to poor performance ,  and  today  she  came   FIR from  lawyer in kanadda,  I donot  kannada,  and  asked me  to give blank  cheque,  if not   she  will go  get me  arrested.   and  when my parents   requested  her family (one jeep full  of people  against  three of us)  they  told us  to  give  6 lakhs  cheque  which  I  did ,  She  donot  want to  continue  the  relationship  at  any  cost.

Her  family  is  threatening us  that they  will  file 498   dowry  against us,   Pl  help me  and  tell me  how  can I protect  myself  and  my  family  what  Can   I do, if  she  does not  me  divorce  after  encashing 6  lakhs  cheque.

Pl  lawyer   help me and  old  parents  who  are  diabetic and heart patients.

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     26 November 2012

1. Immediately file a Police Report narrating extortion incidence and mention information of the cheque and seek help from police. Take receiving (stamp / signed) of such application put up before local police and keep it safely.
2. Immediately make stop payment of the cheque from your bankers.

Once you do above two first thing in the morning contact a local Advocate. Your marriage is under 1 year old. You cannot file divorce. But she can file criminal complaints as you say she filed some Police report and people came in jeep load to you and threatened and extorted valuables (cheque) from you using threat.  All these are grounds for cruelty to you as well as criminal case against them can be easily filed hence advised to contact an local advocate. Now to your last question on divorce or they not filing criminal complaint etc. after giving them 6 lacs cheque, my opinion is that they will still do what they have to do.

Law says pay money as per mutual agreement of parires in consideration of Mutual Consent Divorce to close the marriage by a decree in divorce and not out of Court as that does not carry any value. hence the money which they extracted by musle power is of not much use. Who knows tomorrow they may come with two jeep full of musle men / agent and extract from your three say another 3 lac or 10 lac yet she neither stays with you nor there is a divorce except every fortnight people comign and askign money !.

If you want to close marital obligations from her then with that amount you can seek MCD (Mutual Consent Divorce) in a short while and for the same you need a neutral person as mediator to talk to both sides and handle the money part as per Law. 

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     26 November 2012

The immediate actions that you need to take are fairly suggested by tajobs in 1. and 2.

Yours is a practically peculiar case....Hire a lawyer Via Reference to take you out of the entire marital Mess...

Regards

chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Rashid Ali (own practice as a criminal lawyer)     26 November 2012

if you have solid documentary evidence against  them ,immediatly file a case of extortion against them . if they already filled false 498a move to hoghcourt for fir quashing.

satinder bassi (properitor)     26 November 2012

sir.... i married with nidi on 17 sep 2012 at own home .  marriage is very simple & without dowry . it's true .he is not fincialy gud .  this is our 2nd marriage both of us. i hve legally divorce bt she hve mutual divorce. she sumbit dowry complanit in women cell. i'm go there two time. bt ther is not hearing of me. i hve mobile phn recording which proof her mother demand the money after three day of marriage , my wife say own mother " koi tension hi nhi hai " . and mother say to own doughter  after four day of marriage  " kisi ne sadi sikaet kr diti c , aaj oh subhe suhbe aa gye , she also:say  bach gye nhi ta 3-4  din lyi arrest ho jande , and in recording she demand money to me through own doughter for pay the bill of water " . when i go first time women cell after a day i talk with her mother & brother. both are say we complanit dowry for only u sign in mutual divorce, we demand nothing. when i say mother of wife " tusi dita hi ki hai jo mngo gye " then she say " dita ke nhi dita, asi chande ha tu bus divorce paper sign kr ja. " . if i sumbit co planit at own city for see divorce paper & which things are written in complanit she give me in marriage she prove it , give me the slip of things & source of money . it is +ve for my case .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register