Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Wife sending letters to society

Hello experts,

My wife filed divorce petition and she don't want my society to give me NOC so she is sending a letter to them describing our messed up relationship due to which society should not give NOC. The house is on my name ( it was now I gifted to family members ).  My question is can I file defamation on her? If I cannot can my brother file defamation on her?

Learning

4 Replies

Jairaj (Partner)     25 October 2013

NOC for what? property was gifted to you? and its in your sole name? was it ancestral property or self acquired property and who was the original owner?  As far as defamation goes, so long as you can prove in the court that you have suffered damage to your reputation you may invoke the same.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 October 2013

If it is own earned property, you only have a right on the property and nominee is your wife till obtain devorce decree unless you write a will on your family members name.  Proves show to  society that you are the sole owner of the property.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2013

come clear with facts of the case.

(Guest)

The property was owned by me. I sensed that wife is going to file divorce so before divorce petition I gifted my property to my mother. My wife still has no idea about it. She is sending letters to society. My question is now can my mother file defamation on her?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register