LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Wife scaring to file a new case after 2.5 yrs of 498

Mine is love marriage which lasted for 2 months.And wife turned to parents and filed 498 A and DP Acts (2.5 yrs ago)though i have not taken a single rupee from her.They harassed us alot by arrandinging rowdies and bribing police...They filed for Interim maintainacne though she is working in counter to my RCR which got dismissed in family court,as i have withdrawn main RCR O.P.Many times from my side and from their side wanted to settle down the things.But they always used to came up with lies to exploit money from me which i have not accepeted and miraculuosly settlement has not happened till day.And i mentally prepared to contest the case with all the evidences that i had and completely stopped all communication with them,as she used to play with me with the cunning tricks to me anxious by saying the she dont need any settlement as she already got married.Even i conveyed my wishes and even wished her to lead a happy personal and professional life.And told that even iam going out of India(Lied) and changed my mobile number and all...

After 6moths ,one day they came to court and requested  the judge to expedite the case with which Judge has examined me .PP is a lady and they met her and discussed alot in the court campus.After which a police man called me and informed that they will withdraw  the case if i return back the money that i have taken from her(BIG LIE) which i have condemned saying that it's a love marriage and she only have to gimme a lot money that i have spent on her.Now 498A is at Cross Examination phase for which PP & wife pleaded for some time as they wanted to submit some docs.

Now the Wife called my mother and scaring that she will file a new case on me.

My Questions are:

1.What cases they can file on me after 2.5 yrs of filing false 498A?

2.Will they be valid as 498A is already running at court and is in Cross examination phase?

3.What precautions i need to take to  avoid any problems?

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     16 July 2012

If she has already filed for maintenance apart from 498A, she can file a DV Act case to further put pressure on you, the fact that 498a is at cross stage is immaterial. 

(Guest)

How she can file for  DV as she is not stayinig with me from past 4 yrs.Do we need  to need to plan for any anticipatory bail?

ravindra (Analyst)     16 July 2012

Hi no need to take any AB its a civil case

thanks

ravindra sonavane

T.KRISHNA KUMAR (ADVOCATE)     16 July 2012

THE SAME NEED NOT TO TAKE ANY ANTI BAIL REGARDING THIS CASE AND ONCE ALREADY OS IS DISMISSED AFTER THAT THEY CANT PRESSURE AND COMPLAINT AFTER 2.5 YRS GONE AND NOT STAYING 4YRS WITH U AND PLZ B MAKE NECESSARY TO BE IN SAFESIDE AND TAKE OUT IF ANY DOCUMENTS OR ANY SUCH MONEY TRANSACTIONS PAID R WHAT COURT JUDGEMENT HAS GOT TO U AND IF SO SETTLEMENT COPY

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register