LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     25 August 2010

Wife's threatning...

My wife is staying at her parental house from last 01 year willingly. After my several request she is so reluctant to come back and stay with my family. We have a kid also of 01 year old. She is sending me various sms everyday containing threatening, false fabricated story as well as asking me huge money per month. I have kept all the sms, took print out and stored backup in my PC. Now a days she has accused me by saying unsatisfactory of s*xual relationship also. Her parents are continuously regulating her to not to join her in matrimonial house. I apprehend that they may take legal action (498a/DV) against me and my family.

Before three days She and her mother suddenly visited our house in my absence and asked my parents to allow her to get the cloths from almirah. Desirably my parents answered her to come with my baby first and she may allow the same in my presence. Then they started shouting and created some scene, given threatening and went on.

In this situation how to stop her further visit diplomatically?? )We are very much worried. They wants to frame a false case against us. There is no wuestion to have a discussion with them. Please advise???

Learning

4 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     26 August 2010

FIRST FILE A CASE UNDER SEC 9 HMA 1955 FOR RCR IN THE FAMILY COURT.

SECONDLY REGISTER A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE TRESPASS AND NUISANCE ON BOTH FOR THE INCIDENCE OCCURED.

GET ANTICIPATORY BAIL  FOR ALL FAMILY MEMBERS TO AVOID ANY ARREST UNDER 498A AND D.P ACT SEC ,3.,4 AND 6

WE CAN THINK ABOUT CHILD CUSTODY AFTER THE PROGRES OF THEIR ACTS.

ALWAYS BE ACT FAST BUT U WILL BE IN TROUBLE.

Sameer Sharma (Advocate)     26 August 2010

Section 1[1] of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 embodies the concept of Restitution of Conjugal Rights under which after solemnization of marriage if one of the spouses abandons the other, the aggrieved party has a legal right to file a petition in the matrimonial court for restitution of conjugal rights. This right can be granted to any of the spouse.

Section 9 of HMA. Restitution of conjugal rights.- (1) When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.
(2) Nothing shall be pleaded in answer to a petition for restitution of conjugal rights which shall not be a ground for judicial separation or for nullity of marriage or for divorce.

Where to complaint?

Civil court in whose local limits,

- marriage was solemnized

- husband and wife reside together or

- husband and wife last resided.

U can apply to the district court by way of petition for restitution of conjugal rights.

U must establish that:

- the other spouse has withdrawn from his society

- such withdrawal is without reasonable excuse

- there is no legal ground disentitling the petitioner from the relief of restitution of conjugal rights.

Remember burden of proof lies on the person who has withdrawn from the society of his / her spouse, to prove that he / she had reasonable cause to withdraw from the society of his /her spouse.

Anticipatory Bail

AB can be given to anyone who can show a reasonable cause that a cognizable complaint may be filed on him. In addition he may need to convince that he is not a criminal and will not harm the other party if given.
If there is an FIR or case already going on anywhere and you apply for AB, the opposite party will be notified and THEY WILL OPPOSE IT. So better to not give that chance as that dramatically reduces your chance of getting AB.

As your wife has left you and you anticipate something like 498a on you. Best thing to do:
1) File a police complaint that you have been getting threats for money and false cases on your mobile. Put a lot of allegations on wife and all what has happened till date to the extent possible (A big word document running 10 to 15 pages is fine).
2) Go to police station along with your family and get a received stamped with date on the complaint.
3) Make sure you do not mention any phone numbers or exact address of the girl (skip something like street name of house humber etc). If police ask tell you do not want to escalate or provoke them and hence giving a NC complaint only for your own reference so that no one can say why did not complain. Mention that she has taken all her streedhan with her.
4) Make a few such complaints.
5) Apply for AB for your entire family on the basis of above complaint. Tell that girl has already left the house and does not live with you and is threatening to put old parents in jail etc

(Guest)

here all learned persons shall advise you to take last resort as first resort. In family matters court cases are dragged for years. Now you are suffering for or due to wife but filing of case you and your wife shall suffer with morer reasons. 498a case is easily to file but very difficult to tolerate for both husband and wife. after filing of case court, advovates, girls family, boys family  and all near and dear suffer. After filing of case and dragging it for year or so on the relatives of both side then ask for compromises and so on......but after filing of case much damage is already caused which is irrepairbale for both famililies.

I advise:

1. Involve so elder or like minded persons to remove the hurdles and pave way for coming back of ur wife.

2.  ocassionally arrange meeting with ur wife...............

3. so use  soft skills and be diplomatically.

4. Do not think by talking first ur ego will hurt.................after filing case from either side the hurt shall be much more and you will go to point of no return.

What I am writing is my experience and after court battle of 7 years I had to do which i would have done in first instance ................now I repent on wasting 7years and respect  which I lost by standing at door of court and in the hands of ********who were less educated than me .

Mr Bechara and written in the interest of justice

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     31 August 2010

Thank you sir...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register