Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deep Juneja   08 March 2016

Wife's illegal affairs

Learned Members,


I filed a divorce petition against my wife u/sec 13 A HMA.


Earlier I found my wife's illegal extra-marrital affairs through SMS and internet chat files. 


I secured the chat files and want to produce them to the Court.


What precautions should be taken while producing the evidence to the Court to avoid being charged under any IPC section after disclosing wife's illegal affairs in matrimonial proceedings?






 6 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     09 March 2016



You can produce them without any hesitation .


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


KS Johal   09 March 2016

Yes I fully agree with Kapil Chandna Advocate. Please go ahead and produce the evidence.

Navneet Singh   09 March 2016

with 65B application and that chat with transcriptt you can submit in court

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     10 March 2016

File the said evidence alongwith an affidavit u/s 65b of th evidence act . Why are you worrying about being charged under IPC . If the allegations you are levelling are true , then the question of you being charged with perjury does not arise

Harish Malik (HR/ER Facilitator)     10 March 2016

Dear Deep,

In my view the SMS & internet files which you intend to produce  may not suffce as Concluding evidence in the matter. If you are able to adduce any other evidence than the case may be more strong. As regard IPC provisions if the charges are strongly established than I think you should not worry.

Amrit (M.D.)     11 March 2016

If there are SMSes then there would be calls made and received too. Get the call records preserved by filing a 91 application this act would also help you in your divorce case as you'll be able to prove the affair and illicit relationship of your wife.

Secondly, file the evidence you have with you alongwith an affidavit of 65b (Evidence Act). No boby would charge you with perjury if these allegations are found to be true.

Amrit Singh


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query