Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya (Manager)     21 September 2016

Wife's employment on maintenance


Wife worked for an MNC IT compnay when she filed interiam maintenance. I know the company name but she is declining that in her statement. Is there a way to prove her employment ? Can we summon the past employer to provide her employment details ? can we get any details from Incometax dept . can I approach them through court ?

Thnaks in Advance!!





 6 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     21 September 2016

Suryaji As your wife is earing money and maintain her self she is not liable to take maintainance. You can get her IT return from from the CA or consultant by giving her PAN details.

IT return show that she had income thats why she was paying tax.

You may get her employment details by contacting CEO of that organization.

Issuing summon will be lengthy process and No gurantee of result.

If u like my suggestion then give THANK on my profile.

ADVOCATE TRILOK (CRIMINAL family PROPERTY )     21 September 2016

Do not remain under the impression that wife is earning so you need not pay maintenance on the basis iof earlier some HIGH COURT judgments.


The Supreme Court in the case of Bhuwan Mohan Singh Vs. Meena,reported in 2014
as quoted in



It shall be open for both the parties to put forward all contentions available in law, except the contention that the wife is earning.

Learn to win the war not battles

. Put all your efforts to see that no maintenance is paid which is possible if you fight a long war on legal mat . It will be worth instead of paying life long liability and she is living like a parasite on your doles. And with this liability you will not attract any worth while partner to live with you.

Mukesh sharma (job )     21 September 2016

Hi survay if your wife earning money than she could  ot claim for maintaince money hereif she not accept she working and give statement she is not working than you have option you collect paper where she working and company name and approach with company manager or company had and ask him to provide you her last three month salary slip 

if they denied your request than you need to collect some paper about her job and where she was working and submit in court and get giud line from court for provide salary slip for your wife so court issue order to provide salary slip for her 

you take help of lawyer in this 

Surya (Manager)     22 September 2016

Thanks a lot for all the valuable suggestions. I've the PAN number and trying to get her income tax details.

stanley (Freedom)     22 September 2016

@ Author 

you can summon her employer and ask them to produce .

1. Her Salary slip .

2. Employers bank statements .

3. Employers payroll details .

4. Her Provident fund account no etc 

whatso ever you please can be called for .

Alternatively if you know her bank details like account no and branch you can also summon the Bank Manager and ask for her account details through the court where in her salary deposits would be reflected .


jaig   04 October 2016

Could anybody elaborate please how to get the income tax filing given the PAN number.

Who can disclose that information being private and sensitive ? Without telling court can this be done unofficially ? And by going through court ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads