LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha Sharma (HR specialist)     09 November 2012

Wife right on husband purchased property


My husband and his new girl friend have jointly purchased a flat .Both are owner of flat.Even i have paid lakhs of  money to my husband from our joint bank account.Now he is telling me not to stay in that apartment.I dont have any rights  as i am not the owner of flat.

We have not started our divorce yet.But may be in future we can start.

If my husband purchased a property,then i should have also share on his peoperty even though property is jointly registered.WIll it my legal rights to stay in that flat ?

He cannot deny me to stay in that flat ?

If divorce initiated also, can i claim my share in that apartment even though he is a co-owner ?


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 November 2012

When the property is in joint, you can claim the share in that property.  

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     09 November 2012

In any joint property neither can ask the other to vacate pls, under any circumstances, both has to protect each other even in dsputes. So you have all rights equally please!

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     11 November 2012

you have to claim your share as a right

1234 (consuultant in labour laws)     15 November 2012



 you have all rights to stay in that  flat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads