LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayan (Franchisee)     29 January 2011

Wife refusing to stay with Husband house

After the birth of  our daughter my wife is staying with her parents and she is refusing to stay with me by saying simple reasons like she does not like my aged unmarried sister who is also with me. My house is owned by me through partition and the said sister holds the right to stay in this house as per the partition deed. Under this circumstances can I make a police compliant for the custody of my wife and if so on what ground. Welcome your valid advise 


 2 Replies

GUDAKESH KUMAR (LAW OFFICER)     29 January 2011

you can file a suit under section 09 of Hindu Marriage Act for restitution of conjugal rights and obtain a decree in your favour.

jayan (Franchisee)     31 January 2011

thanks very much for the response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register