LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subrata (Clark)     03 September 2017

Wife re-married at temple before 2 years of seperation

Dear Sir/Madam,

We got married (arranged Hindu act with registration) on 19-Feb-2013.

But there was no mentak match between us. She was a housewife. She used to cause nusense on anything and everything.
I tried my level best but failed.

What we though that she had someone else in her life, but her parents was against him. So forcefully married with me.
I tried my level best to love her and to accept us. But she refused. There was no 'love' for a single day.
She used to stay at her parent's house every week in a mother. Actually also to meet her boyfriends.

After 1.5yr of marriage, she parmenently left our matrimonial house, to her parents house.

This time, I decided not to continue the relationship anymore. And I decided that I will wait 2 years and file Divorse. I can not accept her anymore because she used to make my life hell, so much that I do not wish to return home after office.


In these time, we had no communication between us. Her relatives tried to contact me but, I used to tell them, if she can accept me and my family only then she can return. She never returned.

After 680 days of seperation (1.8 years) I came to know that she had re-married her college boyfriend WITHOUT giving me divorce nor notice nor information.


I personally do not want her to return, I want to get out of this hell and start a new life.
Everyone deserves a 2nd-chance.


Please suggest me what should be my course of action.
Please do suggest, my life, my future depends upon this.

Thank you.


 3 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     03 September 2017

After collecting sound proof of her marriage you can file complaint against her for bigamy under sec 494 ipc, and also against her husband for adultry under sec 497.

you may file divorce on these grounds also. Only after divorce you can lead free life.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     03 September 2017

Collect proof of her second marriage and then confront her with the same and convince her to go for a MCD divorce as that is the most hassle free option. If she dosent agree, file for Divorce on the ground of cruelty, desertion and adultery.    

1 Like

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     09 September 2017

I sincerely advise you to follow the suggestions posted above by the learned lawyers here. Make sure to attain divorce whether or not you want to initiate criminal proceedings against her (although, you'd find it easy in your situation to have your wife come to terms with divorce by mutual consent once you attain proof of her second marriage.) Only once you are divorced can you remarry and avoid any other kind of legal complications in the future. Good luck!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query