LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Srivastav (SFA)     01 September 2012

Wife ran away from her matrimonial house




It was on the 20th Jan 2012 my wife fled from my place to her mom's house by stealing the credit card from my purse and boarded the flight to kolkata.Luckily when she swipped i came to know she was going to kolkata and when i reached the airport she had already got the boarding pass and left to kolkata.When she left to kolkata she had left alone leaving the kid behind with me.I immediately boarded the next flight with my kid and went to her place and dropped my kid off to her.(She didn't want the kid but since my daughter was just 2 months old i left her)


Now she is saying that she doesn't want to come back for good in chennai where i live.(Have series of audio conversation recorded where is shouting over the phone)


For the last month or so she is not picking up the phone as well and when i speak to her parents they say she is more than 18 years and we cannot force her and neither can we throw her out of the house.


Six months is all set to get over in the next 15 days not sure what steps can i take legally?






 4 Replies

Rajan Bhasin (Law Student)     01 September 2012

Legal step is second thing. Firstly decide what you actually want from this relationship.

Ranee....... (NA)     01 September 2012

Yes..what you want from this relation and what she wants from the relation.thing is that the kid should not suffer..

tenrique_in (MT)     02 September 2012

You are quite lucky for you at least got to have your child with you without any effort.   Everyone is not that lucky.  But you should be concerned of the situation and take your own time to guess and guess correctly for why she did like this.  Taking bold steps without confirmation may ruin your life.  Never ask for a "known" person to return to your life.   Mature people take decisions wisely and you too take a decision sooner rather than later and be safe.

Amit (NA)     02 September 2012

From legal point of view, if you don't want to stay with her then u can file case of desertion.

Deserting you with leaving behing 2m old child is a good case in your support too. No mother would do it. Prove that she left with no reasonable excuse leaving behind the child and you'll have a good case.

Of course, be ready for counter blast cases against you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register