LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

selfstudyinglawstudent (law student)     08 October 2010

wife of seperated husband dies

wife is not legally seperated from her husband.

no issues.

if she dies, can the husband claim her property.

Learning

5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     08 October 2010

sir/ madam, 

If she is not divorced, her husband can claim her property being the class I heir but in the absence of any will executed by her.

1 Like

Mahesh (Owner)     08 October 2010

The death of a separated wife itself is such a reward that the husband may not be willing to claim anything from her property. Could that also be a possibility?

2 Like

swatirswatir (learning law)     08 October 2010

agree with mahesh. a bala tali. men will not ask for maintenance from her property.

1 Like

Mahesh (Owner)     09 October 2010

Based on the same discussion thread from above I would like to narrate a short story from my office:

It was busy afternoon in USA and everyone was attending various calls (NYSE brokage firm) and the television was ON with CNBC loud and clear. A man comes and tells that there is a news that someone's wife is dead but due to high volume of TV the name could not be heard clearly but something that starts with "S". 

And all guys with names "S" were so happy to know that they may have a chance!!!

While there were others who were arguing that the name of wife may be starting with "S" and they could be in the slot to be happy sooner.

And all others who did not have names with "S" neither their wife's name starting with "S", jealous, nodded in sheer disappointment on hearing this!!

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     10 October 2010

Vultures wait and pray for this occasion only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register