Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

krishna Debnath (opr)     23 December 2012

Wife not live with me

Respected Sir,

 I am a army person. i got maried on 05 May 2011. after marrige1 month i left my wife at my home and join duty. then after 1 motnh she live my home told that i ca not stay in your home.

3 month after i comed in leave and brieng my wife at my duty station in govt Qurter. there i spend 4 month after we went leave then time she not come with me at my qurter. then she told me i can not live with u .. then i was diry at my police station.
 and i join my duty. then 1 month after i went leave in her home and both of family seating there a meeting and i brieng my wife my duty station..

agin there i spend 7 month and went leave agin she not coming with me and her father andd she told me she never live with me in future. i join in my duty..and i have send letter to zila sainik board, human right commission. mohila commission etc..

2 month is left have not any contact with my wife.. and like she live with me...and till that she not file any case. she want to divorce...but i do not want divorce.

please sir tell me if she divorce to me have i give maintanace or any money to her.? or what can i do for save my life? what action is required for me?


 4 Replies

Lifeisgreat (None)     23 December 2012

Giving divorce on mutually agreed trend is better Orion than forcing relation on opposite person.


my mrg on 14/5/11 & from june 12, wife not with me. I m in AF, So as i think and seen , u dnt involve any MAHILA AYOG. and dnt go Mahila police thana. Never sign anything written whether she become agree to join u or not, my divorce is in crt & she refused to join me in frnt of judge, claimed maintanance, leave her if possible...!

DARSHNA (advocate)     25 December 2012


if your wife is not residing with you, and want to divorce you, and if you do not want to divorce her and she is not staying with you, you can file for restitution of conjugal rights in family court or district court of your jurisdiction, but one thing you must understand that if she, of her own will, not want to live with you, you can't forced her and even if you forced her by family settlement or any other way, you both will not be happy and if both of you agree for mutual consent divorce, you will not get any mental harassment.

Rajesh Kulkarni (Advocate)     26 December 2012

Krishna Debnath Ji,


It’s better to go for mediation, sought your explanations to bring back your wife.... I am not asking you to take an emotional move, rather at the time fo your mediation if you are willing to take your wife and if she refuses then you will have a better hand to defend your case. This will also help you if she claims for maintenance.

Rajesh Kulkarni


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads