IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s shukla shukla (employee)     26 September 2016

Wife marriage


one of my muslim friend got married and presently his divorce case in uder process. He is in army and also paying compensation to his wife. Recently he has been confirmed that his wife got married to another boy. Can some one help me what type of documents are required and how these can be obtained to facilitate his divorce case as well as to stop the compensation.

thank you


 4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     26 September 2016

Shibani ji ur friend can file case of biggmy against his wife.

Wife is discarded the maintenance if found that she had married to another person befor ethe divorce.

U need to have marriage certificate, photo of marriage to prove that marriage is done.

If u like my suggestion then give THANK on my profile.

s shukla shukla (employee)     26 September 2016

thank you sir

but this is long process . are there any other options too since you also know that very less people get their marriage registered with the registrar hence to obtain marriage certificate is not possible.


Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 September 2016

Proves of bigomy is cumpolsory

Amit Mahajan (RH-Legal)     26 September 2016

Muslims in the country are subject to the terms of The Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act of 1937, as interpreted by the All India Muslim Personal Law Board

Bigamy is an offence provided first husband or wife is alive hence requires evidence to be proved before court. However Proof not required for lodging complaints under Bigamy law

Section 494/495 of the Indian Penal Code

If person hides first marriage and contacts second marriage ? Complaint for cheating can be filed under section 415 of IPC in case the person hides the fact of first marriage.

If You are satisfied with my suggestion then give THANK on my profile.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query