LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil sharma (Engineer)     27 November 2012

Wife living with husband still she is able to get maintenenc

If wife is residing with his husband since last 30 years .and her husband is taking all care of her like house, diet, cloths, social security, medical and many more, even than she is able to get the maintenance amount from the court ????. Anil Sharma...

Learning

8 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     27 November 2012

Hi,If husband is maintaining her she will not get extra maintainence.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     27 November 2012

Husband taking care of this wife nicely u said for past 30yrs.......why this wife wil ask 4 maint. from court?

What is the exact case dear? Put some more details!

Anil sharma (Engineer)     28 November 2012

Actually in 2006 i was transfered to other place and she was not ready to come with me 

i was giving her 4000/-PM but she was asking 20K PM so that she approch to the court .

stanley (Freedom)     28 November 2012

The court would take into consideration the reasonable wants of your wife as well as your earnings and liabities and accordingly decide on maintanence for your wife . As a matter of fact you should convey to the court that you have been providing Rs 4000 p.m . You have not stated the exact fact's if you have minor children under the age of 18 yrs and if your wife is earning .

Anil sharma (Engineer)     28 November 2012

Daughter is married, son is 27 yrs old and an earning member .

i am getting 50,000 in hand , my basic pay is 35000, mother is depending on me.

at present i am giving my wife 8000/- PM & i have provided the company  flat . Medical is free.

also i am paying electricity bill, water bill and land line telephone for wife only because i am living 

1500 kms away  due to job.

My Question is that i am looking all her responsibilities since last 30 yrs. than also can court ordered 

the maintenance amount and how much ??.. thanks in advance.

stanley (Freedom)     28 November 2012

if this is the case the court would not be in a position to order maintanence provided all the above points are conveyed to the court by your counsel and argued upon along with the evidence . Her petetion would get rejected and her case would be dismissed .

rajiv_lodha (zz)     28 November 2012

Agreed, why do not u resolve the matter amicably, children are grown up....they may put their worth to douse the fire.

Anyways if she is adament on fighting the cases, u have no other option left but fight on merits

Arjun Gupti (Business)     29 November 2012

20k is too much. Very strange case.. But I agree that she cannot ask for 20k or any other amount of her wish. If you are giving her 8k that is more than sufficient to live a decent life. Btw she is only wasting your time and money. God, what has happened to Indian women and aunties? They are acting strange off late. God bless you Mr. Sharma. Ask your son to talk to her. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register