LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sriram (software developer)     10 November 2012

Wife left me and afraid

I am 30 yrs old software engineer from USA , working on temporary H1 visa and earning 7000$(3.5lakhs )per month, i married a girl 2 yrs back , my parents demanded for dowry and took 6 lakhs cash from them ,there were disturbances since marriage , i dd of ont like her, she talks anti to me and my parents , i wanted to get rid of her, i applied for divorce in US, but she all of a sudden left to INDIA. AM worried what she can do there to me and my family ?? am not willing to stay with her any more, i dont want to give a penny to her as compensation , i spent enough for her in US. back in india , i have been adopted by my grand ma(mother's mom) , she has 5 daughters , first daughter is my own mother? if something case happens who will be affected ??? help me plzz

Learning

13 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     10 November 2012

She may file 498 A  and all of youll would go to jail if the allegations are proved  . Earning so much and demanding for Dowry is nothing but sheer greed . Than she will drag you to a settlement to compromise the case .

how can i protect myself and my family from all those??

Adv.Bhagwan K Taur (Legal Advisor)     10 November 2012

Dear,

Please make clear that, when she left to India means before filing case or after ? Before she books you and your family under section 498 A , you have to file here means in India a NC complaint in Police. And be prepare for compromise. And if you want to get rid off her then you have to comrpomise as she wants. as already you have taken a huge amount as DOWRY. And taking dowry is crime.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     10 November 2012

hello,

she can file many cases in India against you and your family menber.

but dont worry eberthing will be sorted out.

send me a mail on my id  i will forward you  safeguard docs.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Originally posted by : Adv.Bhagwan K Taur

Dear,

Please make clear that, when she left to India means before filing case or after ? Before she books you and your family under section 498 A , you have to file here means in India a NC complaint in Police. And be prepare for compromise. And if you want to get rid off her then you have to comrpomise as she wants. as already you have taken a huge amount as DOWRY. And taking dowry is crime.

@ Bhagwan 498 A is a congnizable offence what is the NC complain you are taking about i dont understand your english .And the author of the post has not yet said that there is a complain on him .

@ Sriram as she has paid you the money in cash it is difficult for her to prove the same . But its better you pay back the same amount back to her in a state of compromise .Never ever take anybodies hard earned money one day or the other you have to pay for it and god only knows in what form he makles us pay for it .

there are no proofs for taking dowry, we dint accept check when her father gave , we asked for cash and no proof for it. how she can proove that she gave dowry ???my parents family expected 20 lakhs cash,but my wife father gave 7 lakhs worth gold to her and 2 lakhs worth silver and 20 lakhs worth plot on her name , but he gave only 6 lks cash to my parents , we expected more and didnt work , i was ok , but my parents and sisters are unhappy , i told them and warned them not to be greedy , but my wife turned all against , it resulted in disturbances she always nag me ,she speaks bad abt my parents which i dint bear , i dint bear all , she went worst , she break my trust , she wanted to book me and my parents, wen i realised i thought to get rid of her by divorce in US but she escaped to India? how much alimony i need to give her based on my salary ??? am i going to lose job in USA?/ do i need to come to India

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     10 November 2012

hello,

ya it depends on your salary. she can file the case then you have to prove that you are innocent.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Never Give Up (Fighter)     10 November 2012

I am against the men who take dowry . You said you earned 3.5 L per month and you asked for 6 L of dowry (one time). Some how i couldnt digest this fact .

However dont  get hyper, wait for action for her end. There are plenty of cases which she can put ...and there is possiblity of getting separated by mutual consent. Just wait and watch.

(Guest)

This is a fake profile for sure

am discussing my problem, i dont want to be 498a victim, i want to clear all my things 

M Chaturvedi (Business)     10 November 2012

Dear Sriram:

How did you allow your Parents to demand Dowry? You're earning Rs.3.5 Lakhs Per Month that too in US - Wasn't that enough? Aren't your sisters married? Had or Will your Parents give Dowry to your Sisters' in-laws?

Yes, its true that if there is No-Proof of Dowry being taken, then it would be difficult for her to Prove, But, ONLY her or Parents' Complaint about Dowry (could be proved or not) being taken by you & your Parents (Including your Sisters) is sufficient to make you & your family dance to her tunes.

Where is the Jewellery (STRIDHAN)? If its with you or with your parents then you'll are going to be in big trouble? Has the FIR been filed by Police in 498A. Once the FIR is filed - All your family members whose names have been mentioned in FIR will be arrested. After that Punchnama will take place, if Stridhan is found in your house then its going to get tough for you all.  

About DV Act - Your Wife will have to Prove Physical or Mental Abuse.

Always remember Sriram - If you have done anything Wrong which cannot be proved even then Somehow, Somewhere, Someway you will pay for it. Even though you Win all cases filed against you & your family - You will have to pay for your Wrong doings in some other way. 

Originally posted by : sriram

there are no proofs for taking dowry, we dint accept check when her father gave , we asked for cash and no proof for it. how she can proove that she gave dowry ???my parents family expected 20 lakhs cash,but my wife father gave 7 lakhs worth gold to her and 2 lakhs worth silver and 20 lakhs worth plot on her name , but he gave only 6 lks cash to my parents , we expected more and didnt work , i was ok , but my parents and sisters are unhappy , i told them and warned them not to be greedy , but my wife turned all against , it resulted in disturbances she always nag me ,she speaks bad abt my parents which i dint bear , i dint bear all , she went worst , she break my trust , she wanted to book me and my parents, wen i realised i thought to get rid of her by divorce in US but she escaped to India? how much alimony i need to give her based on my salary ??? am i going to lose job in USA?/ do i need to come to India

This is a fake profile and is trying to put us to the test . There is no remorse in this person first the quote was for 6 lacs now it has gone upto 20 lacs . 

another case under 406 can be filed on this fake profile lol

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register