Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ms chhabra (prop)     09 December 2012

Wife left home with goods

my wife has left home after a verbal fight with me and at the time going she brought 10 persons with swords and sticks and forcibly taken the goods from home of her and mine.She is now living with her parents in delhi.

I went delhi and met some prominent persons,they called her.She came with some persons/parents and demanded 4 lacs for a mutal divorce but than they again fought with me,beaten to me and fled.

What should i do now.

Please suggest




 6 Replies


Immediately file a FIR for house trespass u/s 442, criminal intimidation u/s 506, causing hurt or grievous hurt as the case may be. If the police does not lodge the FIR file a private criminal complaint. Also, be on the vigil for a false dowry case that she might lodge against you.




Ashish Davessar


Supreme Court of India

Punjab and Haryana High Court

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     09 December 2012

Dear Querist

you can add section 383, 384 of IPC for extortion.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     09 December 2012

They have beaten u.......why didnt u dial 100, got MLR done n Sec324/325 filed upon them?

Self service (None)     10 December 2012

Unable to digest story...wife called 10 persons with knife and why don't you filed police complaint against all 10 persons? I am sure some one must watched 10 persons entering your home. What are the names of persons? where they went? Did you tried to stop them? If no then why? if yes did they harmed you? if yes did you went to doctor?

Your story don't look real one..

Nandha (NIL)     11 December 2012

dear experts,


The same situation happened in my case also, wherein my in-laws came with some people, threatened my mom who was alone in the night.  By the time I reached home, my wife fled with them with all jewels, some cash.


My mother did not file any case at that time, because she thought it would strain my & my wife's relationship with her.


Now it has been more than 7 months. Since reunion is getting impossible, can my mother now file criminal intimidation cases against my in-laws? The neighbours have seen them threatening my mother. They threatened my uncle & aunty over phone and when my relatives were with us, they called me, i put the phone on speaker phone and my relatives also heard them threatening me.


I am sure they will file DV & 498a on us to harass us, can my mother now file criminal intimidation case on my in-laws after a gap of 7 months with the help of witnesses?


Is there any time limit for filing criminal intimiation from the date of the incident? 


Please advise. Thanks

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 December 2012

qury repeated from

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query