Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Engineer)     21 April 2011

Wife issued legal notice instead of filing a counter ..?

On Jan 2011 I filed RCR . My wife failed to attend/respond at  first session of court hearing on march 2011. Next hearing is on May 2011. Instead of filing a counter to my RCR she sent me a legal notice blaming me that I failed to invite her to marital home for past 2 years.

Please advise me whether I should  respond ther with another legal notice privately,or request her to file a counter to my RCR? or just ignore her legal notice and wait for next court hearing?

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 April 2011

dont do anyting, keep quiet and it is not necessary to reply to her notice.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 April 2011

Agreed with rajeev, matter is already in the court .

Raj (Engineer)     22 April 2011

Dear Rajeev and Assumi, Thanks very much for the clarification. I was terribly confused with her legal notice.

Thanks once again.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 April 2011

I failed to invite her to marital home for past 2 years.

---   against a rcr or divorce petition, one has the right to counter file  his / her grievences,

but what i observed that your mam oversmart. in a matrimonial dispute,

it is not in question that - whether one spouse  invite the other spouse at matrimonial home or not, because -  it is supposed that the spouses will live together at their matrimonial home.

if one left the home, it is his /her burdain to explain - what is the reasonale cause to left the home.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 April 2011

whether I should  respond ther with another legal notice privately,or request her to file a counter to my RCR? or just ignore her legal notice

------     just ignore her legal notice.

same opinion as mr rajoo and mr assumi.

prasanta kumar parida (sr. consultant)     27 April 2011

JUST IGNORE THE LEGAL NOTICE SENT BY YOUR WIFE INSTEAD OF SUBMITTING HER DEFENSE IN THE COURT OF LAW.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register