LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASY Films   19 December 2021

Wife is threatening for suicide

Marriage took place just 7 months back and its not consummated also wife threatening for false cases and threatens me to put in jail and commit suicide and have the proof of all that on whatsapp chats what are the chances of me getting a divorce decree after the completion of a year

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   20 December 2021

Wait until what she do ,if she goes to court  defend .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 December 2021

Repeated suicide threats from the wife amounts to cruelty and is a ground for divorce.First you will have to collect all evidences of such threat. Then lodge a complaint in the nearest police station against your wife for such mental harassment.

ASY Films   20 December 2021

Yes I have all the evidence with me the marraige is not consummated also she is threatening me to put me in jail and commit suicide waiting for the completion of a year to file for divorce what are the chances of having decision on my favour

Aryan Raj   20 December 2021

In response to your query,

Before going to court, the first step should be to have a calm conversation and work together to solve the situation. If this remedy does not yield a solution, consider the alternatives. Cruelty can take many forms, including physical and mental abuse. Mental cruelty can result in even more serious injury, as well as a realistic fear in the wounded spouse's mind that living with the other party will be detrimental or dangerous.

Cruelty for the purposes of divorce is defined as behaviour by one spouse against the other that causes the latter to believe that continuing the marriage connection with the other is not safe. Though the woman threatens to divorce on a regular basis, even if she has no intention of actually doing so, this is considered mental cruelty and is a solid reason for divorce.

Regards,

Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register