Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (IT Consultant)     16 December 2014

Wife is saying she will die if i go for divorce

Hello all.. I got married in India in 2008 and had a daughter in 2010 March. I came to United States in 2010 Dec and my wife stayed back in India. My wife stayed back in India and I told her to apply for passport and join me after 3-4 months. She neglected and ignored. And whenever I sent an email asking her to apply for passport she replied saying I never told her to apply for passport. Funny and annoying, So I stopped writing and contacting her. Once she went to my mother’s place forcibly and my wife beaten my Mother, my mother is all alone and my wife managed saying that she didn’t do anything like that. I know the fact that she did perform the act of beating my mother, but I am helpless. My wife is very rude, cunning and very difficult to get along for a normal human being. I completely stopped contacting my wife. She came back to me in Jan 2014 and started asking me to get her to USA and I didn’t do that since I lost faith and interest in her. Since Oct’2014 she is daily calling me and saying that if I don’t get her to USA by Dec 30th 2014 she will commit suicide. I got scared and stopped calling her. She is calling me and leaving messages that she will die If I ignore her calls or don’t call her. I am really very much scared. I spoke to her few times on skype, she shown a knife on her hand and said If I don’t get her to USA by Dec 30th She is going to cut her hand with knife and die, I managed to RECORD this on skype and I have the recording, it is very scary. I asked her to get separate and she said she is not going to leave. KINDLY GIVE SUGGESTIONS AND OFFER ME LEGAL PROTECTION


 2 Replies

498 A fighter (Advocate)     16 December 2014

agar wife suicide ki dhamki de rahi hai to pahle police me complaint karo uske baad koi aache vakil se mil kar jaldi se jaldi legal proceeding start kar do aur aisi wife se turant alag ho jao fir jaldi se divorce de do? otherwise you will fall in tough and difficult mess.............

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     17 December 2014


you  must take all these very seriously as Indian laws are very much in favour of women...............First of all lodge police complaint against your wife to police authoriies as well as Women Commission and for further help engage an advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query