LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit banerjee   01 May 2016

Wife is not ready to give divorce

We married 1.5 years ago. Both of us are govt employee. But after marriage i started to realize tht my wife is mentally sick, but i have no proof , this is only my guess. She used to humiliate me now and then and wanted to stay with her parents most of the time. Now i am fed up, i want divorce but my wife wants to stay with me. How can i get rid of her?

Learning

4 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     01 May 2016

your story is not consistent in itself. i don't think you have a very strong case.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 May 2016

Give her some more time to adjust with you and you also try to adjust with her then the problem will sort out, court will not grant you divorce on such pretty issues .

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     01 May 2016

For divorce on the ground of cruelty one need to have strong evidence to show that real acts of cruelty committed by the other party that has caused the marriage between both to break. Mere daily bickering between both doesn't make the court to allow dissolution of marriage. The maltreatment of the other spouse has to be serious enough to cause such impact on the mind of the petitioner spouse that would have reasonable apprehension that it would be harmful to the life of the petitioner spouse. Serious the acts of cruelty more the chance of getting marriage dissolved.

ramesh   01 May 2016

Its difficult for a man to get divorce frm wife. U can ask her for mutual divorce thts d best way otherwise if u hav strong proof of her adultry. I suggest stay calm first collect evidence of her humiliation on u,taunts etc tht ll help u

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register