Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tahir Akhlaq   10 April 2021

Wife is locked and physically assaulted by her family

Hello,

I've done the nikah on 24th March 2021 but after that girl's family beaten her and locked her in room. I've no way to communicate with her. I've nikah document only.

Please help.

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 April 2021

Hello,

You can go to the local police station and complaint against your in-laws about their harassment of your wife. Police will definitely take action against them.

Anurag Jyani   10 April 2021

Hello Tahir,
Firstly I recommend go to advocate near you for relief.
Then you can say your advocate about section 97 of code of criminal procedure.
As per your query, the remedy or relief you can take by making an application before District Magistrate, Sub- divisional Magistrate or Magistrate of the first class under section 97 of code of criminal procedure.

Which state that as following
Section 97-Search for persons wrongfully confined. If any District Magistrate, Sub- divisional Magistrate or Magistrate of the first class has reason to believe that any person is confined under such circumstances that the confinement amounts to an offence, he

may issue a search- warrant, and the person to whom such warrant is directed may search for the person so confined; and such search shall be made in accordance therewith, and the person, if found, shall be immediately taken before a Magistrate, who shall make such order as in the circumstances of the case seems proper.

And another remedy is to file a writ petition of Habeas Corpus in High Court of your concern jurdication.
1 Like

Tahir Akhlaq   10 April 2021

Thank u so much sir. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register