IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aadi Shivan (Executive)     10 March 2012

Wife is forcefully asking for divorce and money

Hi there,

I am asking this question on behalf of my relative.

Ravi got married five years back with a girl named Anu who is from Indore M.P (her family's financial condition is very poor ). Ravi was working in Duabi as an accountant and Anu was staying with her in-laws in Ahmedabad (which was her own decision). Ravi came to India to meet her wife and parent for 15-20 days 4-5 times in a year.

Anu usually went to her home town to meet her parents and stay there for long period specifically more than a wemonth. 2 years back Anu went to Indore and not intended to come back as Ravi was planning to come to India. Ravi came to India and asked Anu to come back to Ahmedabad but she denied. On continuous request, she came to Ahmedabad but she asked Ravi not to touch her.

Ravi was very hurted by this kind of behaviour and resigned from his company which is in Dubai and settled in India to save his marital life.

In Nov 2011, Ravi's grand mother was counting on her life and Anu asked Ravi to get ready to go to Indore to attend her friend's marriage. On that Ravi said, we should not go as grandmother is not well. When Ravi and his parents were in hospital with Ravi's grandmother, Anu packed her bag with all jewellery (including which are in locker and given by Ravi) and went to Indore.

She filed a divorce case in Indore and asking for 10 Lakhs.

Now the point is that:

1. We never asked and not willing to give divorce.

2. Police is threatening them to put them in jail.

3. One judge is calling and threatening them and saying to pay 10 lakhs.

4. She left home by her own choice.

Kindly suggest the required action as this matter had created so many trouble for all of us. We don't want to go for any financial settlement as we are not the divorce seeker.


 6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 March 2012

Let him contest the case.  

Aadi Shivan (Executive)     10 March 2012

Adv. rajeev,

Thanks for your reply.

What should he suppose to do in the below situation.


Police is threatening them to put them in jail.

One judge is calling and threatening them and saying to pay 10 lakhs to Anu and her family.

Self service (None)     10 March 2012

Police job is to threat, don't worry.

If possible record threats of judge and complaint to High court, chief justice.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     11 March 2012

Once the case is filed, fight it tooth and nail.


A reasonable settlement is always welcome but not extortion.





Shonee Kapoor


Mukesh sharma (job )     27 November 2015

i agree with kapoor sir an another senior as you say one of judge threatening you to give 10 lakh rupee to anu and her family than its wrong if you have proper avidence of it than you must go to high court chief justic and file application youget justic and also along your sid eyou file case 

FightForCause (Businessman)     27 November 2015

Next time Judge sahab calls u ...tell him sir...i was waiting for your call.

I had already informed the Chief Justice and he had assured me to bring the telephonic tape for him to hear. Thanks for calling.

Do not bow down if they are extorting you. Indore has a vast presence of Men's right activists who meet on Sunday...call them and meet them. They will properly guide you. Dont get dishearten for what your wife has done to you...many worse cases going around and u are one also got stuck by fury of Women Laws.

All the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query