LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak sharma (software professional)     12 June 2013

Wife is constantantly giving threat of sucide.

I recently got married 2.5 years back. I got married in moradabad in a barat ghar. Girl is from delhi(bride native home is in Delhi).

Groom native home is in moradabad.

Right now we are living in delhi, and my wife is not behaving properly, she used to fight a lot with me. Actually she try to take a control on me. Now she is misbehaving a lot with my mother. My fathre already exprired 4 years ago. MY mother is widow.

I have lot of responsisbility on my shoulders,.

Now my wife is giving me threat that I will commit sucide in your house.
 (304 B IPC)

Kindly please adive what are the possible ways to safe me and my family from such type of threat.

Please advice me at the earliest

Thanks in advance



 6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 June 2013

 Try to understand whats her problem and give her some understanding thru some elderly relatives. Talk to her parents. You can visit some marriage councellor to councel your wife. If nothing works then, file a complaint with police against ur wife regarding the threats she is giving you.

1 Like

Deepak sharma (software professional)     13 June 2013

thank a lot for prompt reply mam.

I will surely follow your's expert advice and let you know the result




rajiv rajan (rr)     14 June 2013

Dear Deepak Involve all the persons of your family and wife family inform to them about the behavior of wife. if she commit suicide in your home than u have face the criminal case u/s 304b/498a/306 and may be 302. Best of Luck

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 June 2013

Do try to involve elders, but also take preventive measures.


Read 498a survival guide by searching it on google.




Shonee Kapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498


If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     19 June 2013

Some people are mentally sick. whatever you do they behave same way. Ask what your wife wants. Involve elders. Act soon to avoid legal action in case she does as she says. and if she is not interested to continue in the marriage, take divorce and start life afresh. Life is short and not to be wasted in fighting cases.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     20 June 2013

agree with Adv. Archana

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query