LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aryan Bhola Krishnoo (Self)     23 January 2014

Wife filing divorce case

Myself being resident of Delhi. Got married  in Feb-2013. The lady to whom I got married  belongs to Haryana. The marriage got solmenized in her home town.  In Sep 2013 she went back to her house and took all her jwellery and clothes. Thereafter she never came back even after so many social efforts to bring her back.

Then she strarted filing complaint. First she filed complaint (Dowry and Beating) in Delhi in police station and then in Women cell. Now she has filed complaint in her Home town in Haryana.

Now police has started calling us to be present in the police station at Haryana or we shall be arrested.

I have following queries:-

1. Can a women file cases at multiple locations?

2. We have been filing our requests to the designated Police Stations and Women cells regarding  the compromise, but Police Stations and Women cells are not accepting our plea and not even willing to call the wife and her relatives, for the compromise issues.

3. If we appear in the police station in the state of Haryana, will they arrest us.

4. Or the case shall be filed and no arrest shall be made.

5. Or we shall be arrested and presented in the court.

6. We are Govt Servants then what will happen to us in terms of our services/ records

7. What are the recourses available to us.

8. Should we go to the poilce station in the state of Haryana or Not.

Thakning you and  best regards

Aryan

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

When next time police call you, you may ask them to transfer the complaint to your respective police station / come to my place and take the statements. Such complaints are transferrable to your nearest police stations instead of you going to that police stations.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     23 January 2014

Dear,

Please call me discuss the matter in detail. 

Advocate Kapil Chandna

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register