LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Happily Divorced (TL)     06 April 2015

Wife filed return of stridhan

under HAMA(hindu adoption and maintenance act) section 18. I have gone thru the act, it only says about the maintenance. Can she claim stridhan under this act and section? what will be the procedure, will they conduct an enquiry? how would that be?

She has made huge list and provided old bills for those articles. I dont even know if those articles exist. And some gold they gifted me as part of the wedding, about 10 sovereigns, can she claim that too. It is a gift right? because whatever I gave that she is claiming as her stridhan

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 April 2015

you are right.she cant claim sreedhan recovery under sec 18 of hama.gift given during and after marriage is not sreedhan

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     06 April 2015

She must have filed u/s 406 ipc.This section, for offences related to Criminal Breach of Trust, is usually applied in investigation of stridhan recovery from the husband and his family.Offences under this section are bailable and cognizable. But whatever she is claiming, she has to prove that they belong to streedhan given at the time of marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register