Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paul (Manager)     21 May 2013

Wife filed divorce in us, if i have to leave for india ...

Hi All,

I am a software professional and working with a India based IT company. My wife filed no fault divorce in US and she want to have this settled here.. In case I find things not in my favor ..I can ask my employer to send me back to India.. in that case will the decree be valid in India ...

Can I challenge the ex parte divorce that she will get in US .. We are married based on HMA in 2002.

Best Regards

Paul

Learning

2 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     21 May 2013

we have already advised you sufficently . irreviterable breakdown of marriage is not recognised under HMA . 

dont participate in the proceedings in USA . the reason your wife has filed in USA is she wants 50%of your assets . return to india permanently 

as advised earlier if your wife wants a divorce ask her to obtain divorce by mutual consent divorce in india . 

(Guest)

If you are unsure about the divorce in the U.S,then don`t take part in it.Because if you do,your wife will argue in India that you wilingly took part in the process and it is a valid divorce.Consult a lawyer,see what the damages would be and take a decision.You can`t take part and if the maintenance is high,run away to India.That`s not a good way of doing things.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More