LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guddu bajpai (vp)     19 August 2016

Wife do not want divorce

Dear Lawers ,

I married my sister 3 years back now in the greed of dowlry her husband n inlaws raising unneccessary alligations on my sis which has no prooof and deny to keep her in thier house. My sister wish to live with her husband and husband along with his family insist us to file a case for divorce  but we dont want now is their any law which may help us and we may ask them to keep d bride in home as she dont want divarce becaouse inlaws want to remary thier son just for money.

when we ask police to help us they say what we can do in that file a case but we know filing a case will only help them as they get bail easily and they will enjoy.


please sugest what we can do so inlaws has to keep my sister with care n safety annd yes for this if any case to be filed w e are ready.


pls suggest.

mithlesh bajpai


jhansi up

 5 Replies

Amandeep singh   19 August 2016

You can file a petition u/s 9 of Hindu marriage act for restitution on conjugal right.

Ambycabin   19 August 2016

Appreciate the Good lawyers with ethical practices in this forum. Marriage is a civil matter. Its not a criminal matter. Great input # Amandeep Sir

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     19 August 2016

A petition u/s 9 of the HMA shall be the best option if you want to continue with the marital obligations

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law


Vibha   19 August 2016

  1. Courts are worst place for mending strained marital relations. Once matter goes to court... game of case - counter - case starts and before you know it husband and wife are fighting 10 different court cases with each other.
  2. Go for counseling with a family therapist for atleast 3-6 months before thinking of courts.

A walk alone (-)     19 August 2016

Try to help your sister to accept truth of her broken marriage. No law no case no judge can force her husband to live with her. If she win u/s 9 of the HMA then it will also not help her. It's only a wastage of time and money to file any case. As long she will carry dead relationship this will give her pain. I know its very difficult for her but it will be better if she go MCD and find someone else instead of wasting her life for such husband who dnt want to live with her or filing any case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query