LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aazim   04 April 2016

Wife cheated husband who now wants divorce

Greetings to Everyone,

                                      I am going through a difficult phase in my life. Its been 45 days to our marriage & I came to know about my wife's past relationships, as well as, being involved in physical relationships / live-in with guys, even after we were engaged. I have proof of several chat messages shared , dirty naked photos shared with other guys.  I would be abroad in September for a lenghty period & I would to complete the divorce formalities before I go. Now, i'm seeking for divorce & I would like to know 

- What's the fastest & least expensive way to seek divorce ? 

- I have heard our legal system is against men. I have not decided whether I want justice or should I settle under mutual consent. What do you suggest ? 

- Is there a way we could settle it without going to court. Litigation would go on for 6 months & I would like to avoid it. 

Thank you for reading. I hope you could spend a few minutes & answer my query. 




 5 Replies

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     04 April 2016

As i guess as per your name you are a muslim, i want to tell you what she had done before marriage is not a cruelty upon you but if she continued it after her marriage then it is a cruelty upon you and a perfect ground for divorce, but for that you have to keep evidences with you against her in their original form, if she was indulged in all what you said before and after marriage then first talk to her for khulla a talaq / mcd if she not ready for that then collect all of your and her respected relatives and request them for your divorce via mcd / khulla, and get rid from her, get your divorce from court only, divorce granted other then court is null and void, do this wisely otherwise she can alleged you in dowery, dv and other cases as law has equipped all girls with these women oriented laws .

saravanan s (legal advisor)     04 April 2016

Engage a detective gather proofs for the adultery committed by her if any after marriage.file a contested divorce on adultery grounds if the above suggestion dint workout

anil   20 September 2016

Aazim what is the result now , did you got justice?

marriage matters. (SOLVE MARIIAGE PROBLEMS LEGALLY     21 September 2016

Applying for DIVORCE  will be suicidal  trap. You have to pay ALIMONEY. And even after that she can come back with application for  maintenance .

And with this back ground no worthwhile partner will  be ready to live with you  , will  try  to trap you  in similar situation again .


Wife was cheating you in past and still continuing this habit. Than it is simple for you to take hard evidence your self. Take training in psychology for a week or ten days  and you can get most reliable and trustworthy evidence.

Aazim   09 January 2017

Thank you for your guidance. Fortunately, it went through smoothly, with no resistance from her side. The divorce proceedings are underway & hopefully should soon be completed. No alimony, no dowry demands, probably because I have the evidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query