Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jeet (abc)     27 May 2011

wife blackmailing with unborn child.. Now What?

Is it okay for a wife to still be pregnant and not dropping the child (FETUS NOT FORMED) although knowing that marriage would break after sometime....

I mean I want to say, why would an insane lady bring a child when she knows that the child would be deprived of either father or mother, as marriage is on the verge of breaking...

Learning

7 Replies

Ambika (NA)     27 May 2011

It is very much OK for a wife not to abort the embryo. Though fetus is not formed, the life starts at the conception of an embryo. One cannot force the wife on any ground to abort the embryo, it comes under mental, psychological, emotional and physical cruelty. Physical cruelty, becaause at the initial stage of pregnancy when wife is adjusting with the physical changes, such harassment and pressure, results in adverse physical condition also. 

Your query has been very elaborately replied by one of the finest advocates here, i.e., Suchitra ji. Posting another thread with the same query would not fetch you any different reply. It is within the right of the wife to continue her pregnancy; there is nothing wrong in that. You cannot leverage any legal benefits on the ground that your wife did not obey your orders to drop the unborn baby. 

Ambika (NA)     27 May 2011

Please read: the life starts at the fertilisation of the embryo's conception....

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 May 2011

a child born by it,s own right.

parents should not snatched the right to live of the unborn baby.

(Guest)

Most probably this is your third thread in the same problem that is to get rid of your child and your wife.

The legal reply that you want , you might get through other two post of yours.But perhaps your think this child become barrier between you and your future plannings .

Your wife proved that she is not insane by not aborting her baby.

Now its your time to prove that you are sane.

You tell me (Personal)     04 June 2011

Jeet, Sorry but I have to say this.. You are immature. You marriage is at verge of breaking not borken.. lots of difference.

Your wife is pregnant means you are in relation atleast few months back, within few months you decided that you both will be getting divorce becasue of differences??

Did you ask her reason why she wanted to keep unborn child even your marriage is not going well?

I tell you an example of prematurity -- my wife left to her parents house when she is 4months pregnant and aborted our child as her visa was getting delayed so the travel and so port of entry (morethan 5months pregs are not allowed to travel longer disatnces and very less chances of port of entry). She always wanted to deliver in USA but didn't inform me about abortion. When time is passing she slapped me with DV Act, until then me or my family had no clue there is not going to be a baby.

(Guest)

But the question is Is it alright for a wife to blackmail husband in the name of child ....... It is for sure that she will get a sampathy wave but is it legal to blackmail ??

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     07 June 2011

Correctly answered and advised by fellow bloggers @Ambika, @Arup & @Utpala

Special thanks to @You Tell Me ... good advice :)

//peace

/Saurabh.V

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register