LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (a)     09 December 2014

Wife - appearing in exams

in my divorce case, after huge maintenance is ordered in sec24 HMA.

in the last hearing, my wife told the judge that she is appearing bank test examinations and requested to scheudle the hearing on another date.

please let me know what options i have after getting huge maintenance order, she is still appearing several entrance exams govt based like (banks, clerical, etc.) and told the judge so confidently. 

is there any way where i can counter attack proactively and reactilvely? please help with your answers.

Learning

4 Replies

harrassed (SE)     09 December 2014

Ravi,

I'm not an advocate. But I would like to give my understanding. Please use your judgement to take this forward. From your facts it looks like the maintenance awarded is heavy. If she is well educated, you need to argue this in court. If the order is already passed, try the revision petition and put together your facts.

Good luck.

thank you harassed. is there any way to find the details of the govt. based examination? i mean any options to get all the details about my wife appearing bank exams so that i can say she didnot come with clean hands.

harrassed (SE)     09 December 2014

Ravi,

I'm not aware of any of the details about she appearing in bank exams.  She appearing for bank exams is not a reason to argue that she need to get less maintenance. If she is well educated and capable to earn then you can deny the maintenance. I'm not sure if these facts can help you in divorce

Good luck.

thank you so much for your reply . i filed a revision petition before the high court and the case's main number is generated but not sure if Stay order is issued by the court. the website of high court is not showing any new updates.

in next hearing, does family court ask me to pay amount to my wife?

the IA is based on facts but no proofs. my wife didnt submit any proofs of my salary whereas i showed the RTI reply from her school where she has been working. she is highly educated girl. Please let me know if High court goto these details and take decisions in favor of me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register