LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fight Back (Analyst)     16 February 2015

Wife advertising for marriage while pending divorce

Hi Experts, Recently I had a doubt that my wife (from whom I have applied for divorce) is looking for an alliance and I did a search in one of the popular matrimony sites and fond that she had her profile created there. To make sure I registered myself and verified her email and contact details and it matched. 

In court she has put a counter claim for restitution of conjugal rights against my divorce petition and in reality she is happily hunting for her second scapegoat. 

Now what are my options that I can use this in court. I have taken a print from the matrimony site which clearly display her descripttion and contact details (email), but I know that court may not accept this. During cross examination my advocate put this forward to her and she has denied doing that. 

My questions is whats the best way to get this proved that she is looking for an alliance and the counter claim in my divorce petition is just to harass me and nothing much.

Learning

4 Replies

Fight Back (Analyst)     16 February 2015

Can I file an IA to summon the details of the profile from the Matrimonial Site through court ? How long this might take?

Mohammed Ameenuddin (Sr. Legal Manager)     16 February 2015

Verify the phone registration details and IP address from where she has operated her account, if it matches with her details, then file a case against her for Cheating Section 420 IPC and False & Misrepresentaiton Sec.107 IPC. 

Sri (Manager)     17 February 2015

My case is somewhat similar .Wife is not interested in staying together but is contesting the divorce .Her counter does not say a word that she wants to cohabit .I asked my advocate about this ,he said that she can oppose the grounds on which I filed divorce ,her willingness to cohabit or not will not matter much.

Fight Back (Analyst)     17 February 2015

Thanks for the reply Mohammed Ameenuddin Sir, my question is, how can I get the registration and other details like IP, phone number verified? Is it through court summons to the Matrimony site? Please advice as this will be very helpful to me. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register