FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     14 February 2012

Wife accusing of husband being mentally retarded

Dear sir,

            my wife is accusing me of being mentally retarded, to which i am actually not, she is accusing me of mental harrassment to her by my parents and myself, and threatening to file a 498a against all of us. she is accusing me of being a mentally retarded person and harrassing her in a fit of mental unsound mind.

i am a normal person. i consulted a lawyer on this situation, to which he advised me to consult a physcatrist and take treatment for a few months, and then file for a divorce from the wife on grounds of mental cruelty, stating that due to her ill treatment to me, i have turned into this state of mind.

kindly advice me if this is a logical move to get a divorce, or will this hamper  my chances of getting a divorce. as i wish to end this relationship at any cost. thanking you and awaiting your kind reply


Thanks and regards


 5 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     14 February 2012


Dear Querist, 


The Experts have unanimously agreed not to answer queries for certain reasons temporarily. Please try asking this sometime later.


Sorry for the inconvenience. 

sanjeev001 (executive)     14 February 2012

Dear sir,

         as per your reply, is it only for my queries, or in general that the experts have agreed not to reply to. i am sorry if have offended anyone for that matter. but i would like to know if am being debarred from this forum.

thanks and regards

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     14 February 2012

You can file for divorce on cruelty grounds.

Ranee....... (NA)     14 February 2012

If you are a normal person, why your lawyer told you to go for treatmant ?

Do not go.It will go against your case.

1 Like

Hem Raj (advocate)     14 February 2012

dear querist,

u didn't tell ur time of marriage. coz after one year of ur marriage u can go for any petition

get ur medical check-up properly.

after geting fitness certificate and collecting proof of torture by ur wife u can move a petition to the court.

if ur wife is positive regarding divorce u can file for mcd.

but in the adverse situation u can move on the ground of cruelty.

hope for the best

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query