LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kshirod Chandra Behera   24 July 2022

Widow remarriage and changing the name of parents on aadhar card

Respected members/Experts,

I have got married to a widow who has a 11 year old son. I have done my registry marriage & also have adopted the child making an agreement before the sub-registrar. Now i want my name in place of my son's aadhar card in place of his actual father's name. While we contacted aadhar card kiosk centres , they are asking for an agreement that to be prepared and signed by my wife's father & father-in-law that they don't have any problem in the marriage. And the child will not have any right on the property of his actual father's property or family.  But is it ever possible to call my wife's previous father-in -law to sign  in such a document & present before the sub-registrar !! Don't know how the father  name on my son' s aadhar card be changed ! Need ur suggestion. Pls suggest


 2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 July 2022

You stated that you have adopted the child by making an agreement before the SR.  What is that agreement? Did the SR register it? Consult a local lawyer with the papers you have.  I opine if you have any proof that you have adopted the child by way of registration you can change his name.  If you have no proof it is not possible.

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 July 2022

Yes, the facts are disjointed and lack clarity. To my knowledge, the sub-registrar has no such authority in permitting adoption.

And why the agreement involving wife's father and father-in-law? 

It appears that the child's father is no more. Please post the complete facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register