Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

why we wear black coat, gown and white bands ?

Page no : 2

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     11 November 2009

Mr. Deshmukh,

You have the courage to tell the truth. What is English is good for us. Everything single thread of our administration is patterned on British way of life. We learnt a few things from them that stand us in good stead. Gandhi has written that we learnt shaving from them. But, almost in every way we are aping them. Tell me honestly, how many of my friends sit on the ground and enjoy the home cooked food? It was religiously followed in South India, but, there also the "dining table" culture is slowing taking over. 

India is poor and labour is cheap. An English officer had a butler, a gardener, a sweeper, a washerman, a cook, a maid, a driver and in some cases more than one and they were housed in the outhouses of his bungalow. Of course, they had office peons and secretaries, who worked for them both in the office and at his home. 

Most of the rich, including judges and advocates, have imbibed that culture but not the discipline of the Englishman.

1 Like

HANUMANT DESHMUKH (Activist)     11 November 2009

I agree with you, Mr. Agrawal. Learning from someone is one thing and aping blindly is another. As they say, "nakal ke liye bhi akal lagti hai".

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     24 January 2010

Our Ministers wear Lungis in India but designers suit when they go abroad.

s.meghala shree (advocate)     26 July 2011

Black is a colour of sorrow. we, advocates ofcourse deal with others sorrow.

so it is a symbolic representation of acceptance of sorrow. and white neck band represents innocence and purity.

s.meghala shree (advocate)     26 July 2011

Black is a colour of sorrow. we, advocates ofcourse deal with others sorrow.

so it is a symbolic representation of acceptance of sorrow. and white neck band represents innocence and purity.

C.Arasamuthu (Advocate)     07 June 2016

I do agree black is the colour of sorrow and white is the symbol of innotcence&purity.

But there is two black ornaments. One is Coat and the other is Gown.Why two?

Regards

C.Arasamuthu

tirthi   02 January 2017

Fight for justice. Nice explaination of weraing black. But do all lawyers maintain this dignity and soberness?

akash pimple (no)     09 September 2017

Great information 👍

akash pimple (no)     09 September 2017

Great information 👍

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More