Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Why the legal profession is the last choice

Page no : 6

pradip shah (partner)     09 June 2011

Social connection,financial soundness,retatives in legal field,reading habit,etc makes you successful lawyer.Few have abouve quolification & hence last choice.

(Guest)

It's all about MONEY. In USA, the creamy layer does opt for law career because they get lucrative 6-figure (dollar) campus placements with big law firms. How many law graduates in India will get juicy offers in campus interviews??
IITs, IIMs and other institutions boast of their campus offers. In countries where Law schools can boast the same perks they attract creamy layer. In India, judiciary is dysfunctional and there is no value for a person's time and life.
A lawsuit for Indians is the last resort, we avoid it like plague and fear that nothing will come out of it. How, then, can we think of paying lawyers handsomely?

M.C.Chandrasekaran (advocate)     07 July 2011

i agree with Mr gurunarayanarao, the inetruption of the judges while in arguments gagged the mouth of the advocates its very frequent happening in the district & Lower courts. the young advocates has lost their hope. the tedious lengthy process of filing the cases also made them fedup.

even though the noble legal profession is the last faith of the poverty peoples and i have seen many of my legal colleague do the profession humble to the said poverty peoples of our country

O. Mahalakshmi (Law practiece)     30 July 2011

Legal profession is a divine and if you are stay for a longer period with hard work  you will survive.  And moreover you can helpful to everyone. 

But initially it is not a money earning profession.  So very few electing this profession.

LAWYER ADVOCATE (Prop)     11 December 2011

Just tell me in which Field there are no difficulty, ADVOCATE MUKTA THAPAR, MUMBAI UNIVERSITY TOPPER. ALWAYS TRY TO RESPECT PROFESSION

Tage Talin (Sr.Finance & Accounts Officer)     25 December 2011

To me, it is not a debatable preposition at all. Legal profession may be the last choice for some, but the first. choice for others. Taste of the individuals differs. Choice of people differs. Well, if you compare with other professions, like doctors, engineers, IT professionals, etc., you have to find out the numbers of professionals that are already working in different professions. I mean, to find out the fact as to whether legal profession is the last or the first choice, you need to collect the statistics of numbers of people in legal profession, medical profession, IT professions and other professions, then only one can infer whether legal profession is the last or first choice based on the highest and lowest numbers of professionals in these different fields. As rightly said by learned friends, every profession is noble, provided it is performed with sincererity, dedication and honesty. Income may varies acciording to the amount of hard work put in, but one can earn a sustainable income from any of the profession, provided you devote yourself to the task you are taking up. 

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     04 January 2012

Perhapes younger generation is finding it not so glamourus. Most of the people in this profession who subsequently became national leaders, brlongred to  high profile families, (Dr.Babasahe Ambedkar was only rare )and hence for them there was nothing to worry about for survival. This is no so here. Today, the generation wants fruits from day one and all other profession guarantee that. It is a feeling of insecurity here that makes them hezitate to join. Therefore, many law graduates add to their qualification, employable degrees of MBA.

NANDA KUMAR M (LAWYER)     21 April 2012

LIVE  LIFE  MEANINGFUL.

santhosh.g. (advocate)     29 November 2012

law profession is  as much good than any other profession in india and even in other world countires, but dedication to the law and its practice is a must. only an ardent reader of books and papers  can became a good lawyer. without investing your time on reading lawbooks, law journels and other knowlegable books one cannot be a good lawyer. concern the monetary benifit it is only good for a certain class of lawyers. the life of others are very pathetic. 

swaraj (sw)     10 June 2013

VERY SORRY TO SAY,

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE JUSTICE IN THE COURTS;

EXCEPT A JUST NAME GRANTED TO SOME OF THOZ SITTING THERE;

BEING MYSELF A LAW STUDENT

swaraj (sw)     10 June 2013

INCREASING RATES & DATES B/H PROBLEMS IN JUDICIARY

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     29 December 2013

Legal profession  obviously is a profession of service of human being.It is not based on earning money for life.Legal professionals not only serve people but also assist.legal officers/judges to come to an end of legal justice.In Indian service condition of employment this profession is badly effected,so it may exampled as last professional choice.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     30 April 2016

I can share my letter posted through online portal and registered as Your Registration Number is : PMOPG/E/2016/0091444 

Quote:

Lakhs and Lakhs of cases across various courts in the country. At the same time lakhs and lakhs of eminent law graduates are unemployed and spend their precious time roaming in the court premises without any work. Lakhs of police stations are devoid of legal professionals to assist them in disposal of cases and complaints. Judicial reforms are pending for many decades. Age old statutes are still in vogue complicating the Judicial administrative system.. Government must formulate an Long Term Employment Plan and recruit all these law graduates to the system for effective disposal of cases.Even with fixed honorarium basis all these law graduates can work for the judiciary for speedy and effective disposal of pending cases. I therefore appeal to the Hon'ble PM to provide employment opportunities for all lawyers and advocates in the country so that none remains unemployed. Please at least devise some plans to make Legal Profession under Organized Employment category.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     30 April 2016

I can share my letter posted through online portal and registered as Your Registration Number is : PMOPG/E/2016/0091444 

Quote:

Lakhs and Lakhs of cases across various courts in the country. At the same time lakhs and lakhs of eminent law graduates are unemployed and spend their precious time roaming in the court premises without any work. Lakhs of police stations are devoid of legal professionals to assist them in disposal of cases and complaints. Judicial reforms are pending for many decades. Age old statutes are still in vogue complicating the Judicial administrative system.. Government must formulate an Long Term Employment Plan and recruit all these law graduates to the system for effective disposal of cases.Even with fixed honorarium basis all these law graduates can work for the judiciary for speedy and effective disposal of pending cases. I therefore appeal to the Hon'ble PM to provide employment opportunities for all lawyers and advocates in the country so that none remains unemployed. Please at least devise some plans to make Legal Profession under Organized Employment category.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register