Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

robin (mba)     15 October 2012

Why people do not protest when woman wears short dress?

when woman wears short dress it is very eye catching and men's concentration breaks.
so short dresses should be banned. Isnt it?

Last week I was very much disturbed by a woman. That woman wears a mini skirt and exposing her b**bs to attract me. I was busy in my work. But my concentration breaks after seeing this. These circumstances are very disturbing.She is deliberately doing it for last one month.
I am really angry and I want to make a complain against her.

Does my complain will be accepted in police station?

Learning

12 Replies

S C KHOSLA (Ex - Scientist `F`& Head (SPPD))     15 October 2012

If ur work place is having a dress code, u may approach the authorities accordingly.

But if there is no dress code, I do`nt think any thing can be done.

More over geting provocated by some bodies dress requires self control from ur side over ur imaginations.

As long as she does not make any `unwelcome verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a s*xual nature that is severe or pervasive and affects working conditions or creates a hostile work environment`, u have no case.

Our country is yet to see a Male Sexual Harassment Act

1 Like

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     15 October 2012

Privileged ladies. They have got a number of excuses. Do not be attracted by dress. Unless dress code is prescribed, anybody can wear anything they like. If you utter something, it would count  you as an anti women person. 

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     15 October 2012

i agree. i have read in a public school and nowadays gals are so spoiled they will wear even school uniforms provocatively to attract guys.when these same guys misbehave,gals cry hoarse.same thing happens in media.

you do lots of meditation so that your mind doesnt get diverted towards cheap females.

JAYESH (Sr. Executive HR.)     16 October 2012

Good answer Roshni B..

Meditation will help to control our mind and with that it will increase concentration.

India

Good answer Roshni B..

Meditation will help to control our mind and with that it will increase concentration.

India is democratic country and every Indian has its own freedom…

Even a father can’t stop his child from doing anything then how can we stop others.

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     16 October 2012

I am from Kerala. In Kerala temples,  it was a custom to use some particular kind of dresses. It was to keep the positive energy  in the temple as a new kind of dress weared  by them  likely to distract from the concentration of the pilgrims mingled with them. They are not ready to follow  and raised many many arguments . Women lot started critisising stating that they would like to wear the dresses they like., Even in temples,  for a short time,  that too during darshan of a deity,  they are not ready to follow the customs? Temple authorities in Kerala forced to accept their demands. 

Nina Rakheja (unhappily married)     16 October 2012

if no dress-code for boys, then why for girls..these are quite private matter..need no to be discussed in legal forum..

KHosla, if you are more interested to woman body than your work then definitely it is your wrong..not the girls..

S C KHOSLA (Ex - Scientist `F`& Head (SPPD))     17 October 2012

Ninaji, I have replied to a query posted by Shri Robin, than why this comment on me.

In fact, I have said to him that if threre is a dress code for male and female both than only he can approach the authorities accordingly. I further advised self control to Mr Robin over his imaginations.

I further tried to increase his knowlwdge that  `As long as she does not make any `unwelcome verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a s*xual nature that is severe or pervasive and affects working conditions or creates a hostile work environment`, u have no case.`

In fact Ms Roshini had supported by writing `nowadays gals are so spoiled they will wear even school uniforms provocatively to attract guys.when these same guys misbehave,gals cry hoarse.same thing happens in media.`

It appears u r firing in wrong direction. Before writing, kindly see who started the thread.

Is it fair on ur part ?

(Guest)

Yes , I agree with Khosla..ninaji, don't make khosla ka ghosla!:D

1 Like

SAA_Bombay (Pro)     23 October 2012

Robin, need you ask you one question, does this girl do this with you only ? if yes, you are missing the signals. IF NO, you are bothering too much.........  

Nina Rakheja (unhappily married)     23 October 2012

Oh!I am very sorry Mr. Khosla..my post was for Robin only..Beg your apology.

S C KHOSLA (Ex - Scientist `F`& Head (SPPD))     31 October 2012

Thanks to Ninaji for clarifying her stand

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     28 February 2016

Surely "Dress, specially of ladies" can prevent some mishappenings. It can be made a policy right in the homes, communities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register