Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Who No Action on False 498A

Page no : 3

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     25 March 2010

There are no option for men- the only option is to fight against the menace in general, so that more men do not suffer the same thing in future.

You will loose something, may be a few days in jail or a couple of lakhs of expenses- we all suffer such things for various chance causes, may be an accident or disease- dont worry about those. You will come out as a stronger person and that will more than compensate any loss suffered. Narayan Murthy said,

"By the time a kind driver dropped me at Nis railway station at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night, the restaurant was closed. So was the bank the next morning, and I could not eat because I had no local money. I slept on the railway platform until 8.30 pm in the night when the Sofia Express pulled in.

The only passengers in my compartment were a girl and a boy. I struck a conversation in French with the young girl. She talked about the travails of living in an iron curtain country, until we were roughly interrupted by some policemen who, I later gathered, were summoned by the young man who thought we were criticising the communist government of Bulgaria.

The girl was led away; my backpack and sleeping bag were confiscated. I was dragged along the platform into a small 8x8 foot room with a cold stone floor and a hole in one corner by way of toilet facilities. I was held in that bitterly cold room without food or water for over 72 hours.

I had lost all hope of ever seeing the outside world again, when the door opened. I was again dragged out unceremoniously, locked up in the guard's compartment on a departing freight train and told that I would be released 20 hours later upon reaching Istanbul. The guard's final words still ring in my ears  --  "You are from a friendly country called India and that is why we are letting you go!"

The journey to Istanbul was lonely, and I was starving. This long, lonely, cold journey forced me to deeply rethink my convictions about Communism. Early on a dark Thursday morning, after being hungry for 108 hours, I was purged of any last vestiges of affinity for the Left.

I concluded that entrepreneurship, resulting in large-scale job creation, was the only viable mechanism for eradicating poverty in societies.

Deep in my heart, I always thank the Bulgarian guards for transforming me from a confused Leftist into a determined, compassionate capitalist! Inevitably, this sequence of events led to the eventual founding of Infosys in 1981."

https://www.rediff.com/money/2007/may/28bspec.htm

Life is nothing but experiences. We should enjoy the experiences and learn whatever is possible through those experiences.

renu (consultant)     25 March 2010

its wonderful sir...we will fight .can i also talk to you for my case if you can

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     25 March 2010

Anytime- send me personal messages whenever you need my advice.

Now the first advice- choose a lawyer, a good lawyer, make all effort to choose a lawyer you think is good..... and once you have choosen the lawyer, have faith in him/her. Most of the people create problems for themselves by out-lawyering the lawyers.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 March 2010

Dear Renu,

I am of the opinion, that till the law is changed, the fight is at the table. One need to be strong to fight such a baised law, which should be obsolete by now. Every success in defence will be a deterent for people filing false cases.

Also, lend your voice to the groups like Save Indian Family, Rakshak and 498.org, who are helping hapless victims of such baised laws.

Only if we join hands, there can be a chance of law being repealed. However, it is a long battle. We can win only with sustained effort.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register