LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atso Pucho   19 September 2019

who is owner

I bought a land and paid all the amount, made sale deed, Land Certificate from Colony Chairman , now third party is claiming with written mortgage agreement from the seller which was dated 4 months before I bought the land, now my question is who should be the rightful owner, me or the third party

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 September 2019

It has to be decided on studying mortgage deed and stipulations therein, the personal relations in between buyer and seller.   Immediately contact a local advocate and take precautionary measures as suggested by him including filing a criminal complaint against seller.  Do not give possession of the property under any circumstances.

Atso Pucho   20 September 2019

Thank you GLN Prasad for your feedback but what about the court and lawyer fees and how much time will it take to get it settled in court in my favour and also, will I get all the amount back from the seller ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 September 2019

Perhaps there may not be any need to go to court yourself as you are having bonafide legal title deed, mutation and possession.  The other expenses may be less than Rs.500/- depending on advocate.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 September 2019

What do you mean by "written mortgage agreement"?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register