Get Courses and Combos at Upto 50% OFF!
Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karnav shah (Executive MBA (Criminology) MBA (Finance) Doctorate (Management))     05 September 2012

Who can issue legal/general notice in press excep lawyer

This is a bit different question as it does not imply who can issue a notice except a lawyer but I seek advise and help in below situation.

One of my Collegue (ASSUME X) runs paralegal, investigation, crime related firms where he build legal and prosecution strategy and then retain lawyer, detective and etc for the lawyer.

(though we do the same work but we never come across such situation)

now he is working on high profile case where there is no direct contact between client and lawyer. his firm manages both. in this situation now client want X to spread legal awarness about the issue he is fighting for. (Issue is social whereas client want society to learn what wrong is happneing)

now he want X to issue Notice who is not LAYWER. X has legal contract on behalf of client though.

In this situation, as a C/O or other what position he can issue notice?

if X uses his firm name or his name with the name of Lawyer, how should it work out?

I read somewhere it is not mandatory that lawyer issue notice though i believe it is advisable to hire a lawyer but when X decides the entire strategy and client has him as priority then what is the best way out?

Learning

1 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     05 September 2012

I think he can issue power of atorney for this purpose.

Notice only through lawyer is not mandatory, But in court nobody except client or his lawyer can plead.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register