Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hisifybird (retd)     21 November 2009

Which section permits personal appearance in court?

Can any one tell, which section permits the petitioner to file and appear in person in a sessions court, while challenging a lower court order ?

Learning

8 Replies

G V S Jagannadha Rao (-)     21 November 2009

By default every person shall appear in Court in a criminal case. Appearance through is exception, by invoking Section 205 Cr. P.C, only in applicable cases.

Ajay Bansal (Advocate)     22 November 2009

Section 378 of Cr.P.C.

hisifybird (retd)     22 November 2009

378. Appeal in case of acquittal.205. Magistrate may dispense with personal attendance of accused.

There is a section under which the magistrate can permit the petitioner to represent himself,, though he is not a lawyer. What is that section ?

SANJEEV KUMAR (STUDENT)     22 November 2009

Pls go through the pleader defination as given in CrPC

sanjeev

Party in person can appear upto SC.

sanjeev

Although the party in person can appear in person by default. Still it is better to take written permission from the court so that other party can not challengen when you argu the case in person. Permission format is simple permission format.

bhupender sharma (head)     21 December 2009

Section 302 of the code provides the person can appear in person after seeking the permission of the court concerned.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     03 January 2010

If it is your case, then you have to appear in person. C.P.C. and Cr.P.C., both have the provisions . I could not remind the sections right now. but if you require it, send me a personal message by clicking "send pm".I shall give it to you next mail. it is confirmed. No permission is required for it from court. It is your right by the provisions of cpc/cr pc. Permission is not necessary but information to court is necessary that you will appear 'in person'.in person means you will appear personally on behalf of you. Even you may write it in your petition also or by a seperate petition you may inform it to court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register