Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajan Bhalla   04 February 2022

Which Section is applicable to punish complainant for not joining inquiry after submitting complaint before the police

If a person submits a complaint to a police officer alleging heinous allegations against another person. But after submitting complaint, he/she does not join inquiry when called by police.

under which section (s), the complainant can be punished in such case ?


 5 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     05 February 2022

No punishment can be given. The concerned authority can dismiss the case. The 'another person' can file a case against the complainant for whatever losses he may have suffered due to the case. Rarely courts impose a fine for wasting their time, if the case is before a court.

Aryan Raj   05 February 2022

Dear Queriest,

If the complainant fails to appear despite issuing summonses several times, the concerned authority may dismiss the complainant's testimony. You can make a complaint with the police station where the FIR was filed, requesting that the Complainant be prosecuted under Section 182 or 211 of the Indian Penal Code.


Aryan Raj 

Shashi Dhara   05 February 2022

You can file defamation case against him.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     06 February 2022

Details of the complaint are necessary to know whether the complaint satisfies the descripttions under Sections 182 or 211.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 February 2022

full facts may be given             

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query